Director, Strategic Partnerships & Business Development, Early-Stage Startup Rep
About the job
About The Company:
With a $100B market opportunity that’s growing rapidly, Wallaroo.AI is standing at the forefront of enabling data scientists, AI teams and ML engineers to get from AI prototype to ROI in production with incredible efficiency, scale, and ease. Wallaroo.AI removes infrastructure bottlenecks and allows AI teams to deliver real-world results faster, so technical teams can reclaim 40% of their time, reduce infrastructure costs by as much as 80%, and get-to-value 3X faster - in any cloud, on-prem or edge environment.
Our enterprise platform provides powerful self-service tools, a purpose-built inference server for ML workflows, observability, and an A/B testing framework. We’re already working with some of the world’s leading brands. Backed by Microsoft’s M12, we raised a $25MM Series A in 2022. The time is NOW, join us on this incredible journey!
As our Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, you have proven success with the velocity, experimentation, data-driven decision making and ambiguity that comes with early-stage startups. You have a strong understanding and experience with highly technical enterprise (B2B) products such as data science tools, infrastructure/hardware, security or developer tools. You are passionate about designing and executing strategic roadmaps to successfully enter, develop, and grow new markets. Because you love the creativity and ownership that comes with building and managing channel partnerships, as well as selling technology solutions and services, you will be instrumental in developing the Business Development practice at Wallaroo.AI.
In this role you will work across Wallaroo.AI (Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering etc,) to imagine, concept, pitch, launch, implement, project manage and document first-to-market partnerships with the world’s most innovative brand partners. You will prospect and qualify new businesses, while managing existing partner relationships and establishing a successful enterprise growth motion at Wallaroo.AI. Because partnership deals vary greatly, you enjoy the diversity of work and are excited about engineering and communicating value for both internal stakeholders, and external Enterprise partners alike. Driving impact quickly is at the forefront of everything that you do, and because you love early-stage startups and you dive into learning, collaboration and experimentation with two feet. This will be an individual contributor role to begin with and will report into our CEO until we grow our commercial team.
- 5+ years of experience developing and closing strategic partnerships in early-stage, highly technical B2B enterprise environments, carrying a quota of $1M+
- Demonstrable experience working with companies that fall into 2+ of the following categories: major cloud providers, platform providers, hardware providers, application developers and/or systems integrators/consulting shops
- A strategic, growth mindset, the ability to evangelize our product, expertise in storytelling (verbally and in writing), and a strong commitment to delivering results
- Experience owning the entire partnerships lifecycle: lead generation, building and presenting engaging and tailored pitch decks and developing creative and inspiring partnership proposals
- A highly collaborative, team-centric approach to working with different teams and stakeholders
- The ability to influence key stakeholders to drive outcomes in partnership, including effective navigation of complex matrix organizations (internally and externally)
- You have strong but flexible approach to research, identifying signals in the market and creating clear, to-the-point insights and incredible opportunities
- Experience running nurture campaigns and activating partners to increase referral flow
- The ability to assist in the development of business models, pricing, product and market strategies
- A dedication to quantifying, tracking, and reporting on product and service performance.
- A love of, and experience with the fast-pace of early-stage startups, the desire to ramp up quickly, execute and win
*We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification mentioned above.
At Wallaroo.AI we believe that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the best products! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.