Partner Development Manager
About the job
Partner Development Manager - US
EGNYTE YOUR CAREER. SPARK YOUR PASSION.
Egnyte is a place where we spark opportunities for amazing people. We believe that every role has meaning, and every Egnyter should be respected. With 17,000 customers worldwide and growing, you can make an impact by protecting their valuable data. When joining Egnyte, you’re not just landing a new career, you become part of a team of Egnyters that are doers, thinkers, and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
Egnyte is the secure multi-cloud platform for content security and governance that enables organizations to better protect and collaborate on their most valuable content. Established in 2008, Egnyte has democratized cloud content security for more than 17,000 organizations, helping customers improve data security, maintain compliance, prevent and detect ransomware threats, and boost employee productivity on any app, any cloud, anywhere. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com .
Egnyte is the secure multi-cloud platform SaaS company delivering content security and governance that enables organizations to better protect and collaborate on their most valuable content. Established in 2008, Egnyte has democratized cloud content security for more than 20,000 organizations, helping customers improve data security, maintain compliance, detect and recover from ransomware threats, and boost employee productivity. In today’s hybrid and remote-first office environments, content is the most exposed data type. Egnyte’s all-in-one platform makes it simple and easy for IT to manage and control a full spectrum of content risks – from accidental data deletion to data exfiltration, to privacy compliance and much more – all while giving business users the tools they need to work faster and smarter, from any cloud, any device, anywhere. That’s why thousands of companies worldwide rely on Egnyte to safeguard their most valuable and sensitive information and fuel their essential business processes.
The Partner Development Manager is an experienced channel sales professional responsible for implementing and building and growing indirect and influence sales in their designated region, with the primary goal of sales acceleration through pipeline generation with partners. The PDM will build credibility and trust to drive partner wallet-share in Egnyte. The role involves execution of all aspects of channel management including partner recruitment, enablement, strategic partner planning, on-going partner management, and co-selling into end-customer organizations with resellers and/or influence partners. The PDM will be a primary contact for territory channel partners and will be responsible for managing the overall corporate relationship with those partners.
The PDM will also need to build trust, credibility and relevance with reseller and Egnyte sales teams. Therefore, experience in customer sales to coach partners in selling Egnyte technology would be helpful. By extension, driving strategic alignment between our Egnyte direct sales teams and will be a critical success factor. This will require working with Egnyte Sales Managers to develop and evangelize the regional channel plan that accelerates the regions overall sales performance.
What You’ll Do
- Act as overall quarterback for the reseller business within the region – driving a comprehensive territory plan that identifies go-to partners within each territory covering all Egnyte technology specializations, engaging Egnyte specialists as needed to build partner competency.
- Create a strong partner eco-system in your territory by identifying and onboarding new partners.
- Develop and grow new and existing Egnyte channel partners to increase pipeline and revenue contribution.
- Develop, drive, and execute strategic partner sales plans with partner leadership.
- Build strong relationships across key partner stakeholders to strengthen the partnership.
- Develop and execute partner marketing campaigns working closely with Partner Marketing to drive incremental revenue.
- Present Egnyte solutions at partner events
- Work cross-functionally within Egnyte key stakeholders and build a “one-team” attitude with all extended stakeholders.
- Build capacity, capability, and collaboration within a portfolio of Partners to achieve loyalty and transformation.
- Work with extended team to provide multiple touchpoints in partner organizations to scale resources.
- Experience working in a partnership role at a vendor
- Hard working, self-driven and highly motivated individual with great team spirit
- 10+ years experience building and managing value added partnerships in North America with strong existing partner relationships within the defined territory
- Motivated by driving indirect/influence revenue with a record of quota over- achievement
- Ability to listen, make recommendations and influence partner executives.
- A strategic thinker with effective communication and influence skills, while still being a strong tactical implementer
- Able to identify and develop new partners
- Customer focused and achievement driven.
- Ability to recruit, manage, and grow partnerships that deliver value added services in security
- Strong team builder and highly functional in working in matrix environments
- Must have experience in a hybrid sales environment of direct and indirect sales
- Has a metric driven approach and understands what success looks like
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the ability to adapt and be comfortable in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree required, with advanced degrees desired
- Desire to travel is required (approximately 50%)
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across multiple U.S. geographic locations and pay varies based on defined markets. The standard base pay range for this position across the U.S. is $94,500k - $168,000k annually. Pay varies by work location and may also be dependent on job-related skills, knowledge, and/or experience. During the interview and/or hiring process, your recruiter can share more information about the compensation package specific to the role and job location.
- Commission $135k-$240k OTE
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- Company equity depending on role and level
- Flexible hours and generous time off (RTO, Responsible Time Off) to help support your work-life balance.
- Paid holidays and sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Maternal, Paternal, and Adoption Leave to help you grow your family
- Modern and collaborative offices located in Spokane, WA; Draper, UT; Raleigh, NC; Mountain View, CA; Reading, England, and Poznan, Poland
- Gym, cell phone, and internet reimbursement
- Free well-being apps such as Calm, Ginger, and Spring Health for Guardian are offered.
- Perks include discounted pet insurance, electronics, theme park tickets, travel, plus more.
- Your own Egnyte account with lifetime access
Equal Employment Opportunity
Egnyte, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, and lactation), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Egnyte, Inc.'s management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.