Director of Partner Marketing, Solutions Partners
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
The partner marketing team at Amperity is tasked with developing and executing the direct and partner go-to-market strategies to fuel our growth. We are looking for a Director of Partner Marketing to own marketing initiatives focused on our solutions partners (encompassing system integrators, consultancies and agencies), playing a vital role in supporting our sales team.
Reporting to the Head of Partner Marketing, you will be responsible for communicating value and increasing sales effectiveness for our portfolio of products to, through and with our solution partner community. You’ll drive partner-oriented messaging and positioning, enable partners with content aligned to customer needs in various stages of the sales cycle, and collaborate with the Business Development team to build a robust pipeline for our solutions.
The right candidate will be a seasoned team player with excellent cross-functional skills, a deep understanding of, and practical experience, orchestrating successful marketing campaigns to rapidly grow our partner business. This is a player/coach role that will be responsible for managing our program strategy, along with partner events planning, partner enablement content creation and partner operations reporting. This individual will be an excellent communicator and relationship-builder, collaborate well with Marketing, Product, Sales, Client Services, Training, and senior leadership teams and have an outstanding track record in achieving results.
This is a highly strategic role for someone who craves a stimulating learning curve, loves mixing creativity with business operations, and who is up to the challenge of owning a core pillar of the company’s growth. This role is open to remote work.
- Work closely with Business Development to achieve joint goals within the different partner categories by developing joint GTM strategies and supporting assets like solutions briefs, pitch decks, and more
- Define messaging, positioning, content, partner enablement, and lead generation programs for partners by deeply understanding the needs of each partner segment
- Mobilize cross-team collaboration to create the strategic roadmap and holistic KPI framework that will drive the organization to achieve its commercial plan
- Create, lead, manage, and measure partner marketing initiatives
- Create and adapt the product roadmap, in collaboration with Product Management, that will fuel growth and retention of the business through the partner lens
- Develop and lead education programs, sessions that enable various teams, customers, and partners to produce desired outcomes on the product
- Deliver effective global partner enablement tools, messaging, and content
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, develop, execute and measure end-to-end integrated co-marketing partner campaigns in collaboration with the Campaign & Content Partner Marketing Manager, as well as Field Marketing, Demand Generation, Creative, Product Marketing and BD teams across both Amperity and our solution partners
- Collaborate with solution partners on the creation of joint value propositions and drive the internal and external go-to-market strategy and execution
- Collaborate with strategic solution partners on the creation of new content from blogs, newsletters, digital campaigns, etc.
- Partner Summit - plan, develop and execute Amperity’s partner summit for solution partners
- Sponsorship - drive the sponsorship process for securing solution partners of our customer conference Amplify.
- Develop joint GTM plans with solution partners and the Business Development team that highlight campaigns and track KPI results.
- Communications - own communications and marketing to, through and with our partners. This includes targeted communications, regular newsletters and articles. In addition, own communications internally around partner activities via regular updates using the PRM.
- Website - work with the Amperity web team to regularly update our Partner pages
- Enablement - plan, build and execute enablement and accreditation content in our PRM for our solution partners in collaboration with the BD, sales enablement, and product marketing team to build enablement and accreditation content for our partners.
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, product marketing, partner marketing
- 2+ years of partner marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study
- Experience working cross-functionally, partnering with groups such as Sales, Business Development, Product Management, and Demand Generation
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and distill for different audience segments in clear and effective ways
- Comfort operating in a technical software environment; understanding of fundamental software concepts (e.g., APIs, databases, dev vs prod, etc)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-growing startup where hands-on execution is required and processes may not exist yet (until you implement them)
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills - able to be the spokesperson for your product
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics
- Self-starter, finisher - you aim at outcomes, figure out the plan, and make it happen
- Experience in product marketing and/or partner marketing at an established SaaS provider (ideally focused on the enterprise)
- Diverse marketing experience - driving acquisition, retention, expansion, as well as driving outcomes through partner ecosystems
- Experience in big data or analytics technologies
- MBA degree from a leading program
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.