Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager
About the job
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
As a Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager at Vanta, you will work closely with cross-functional leaders to drive corporate and strategic initiatives, analyze market activity and competitive dynamics, and source, evaluate, and execute strategic M&A and partnership opportunities.This position offers a great opportunity to work closely with leadership and internal cross-functional stakeholders to develop a strategy and help direct Vanta’s growth
The Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships team works closely with senior leadership to drive Vanta’s strategy, identify and execute inorganic growth opportunities via M&A and strategic partnerships, particularly those focused on our products. Our mission is to strengthen, accelerate, and protect Vanta’s competitive positions within various key markets.
This role will work cross-functionally to identify strategic opportunities to accelerate our team’s efforts related to revenue growth, international expansion, new market penetration, defensive partnerships, joint ventures, and M&A activity.
What you’ll do as a Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager at Vanta:
- Analyze and understand Vanta’s strategic objectives, as well as industry trends to identify, recommend and pursue partnership and M&A activities with companies/technologies that can meet those objectives
- Support strategic partnerships and acquisitions by playing the quarterback role across all elements of the deal including financial modeling, due diligence, and deal negotiations. This includes coordinating a multitude of internal teams across various stages of the process
- Create strong personal networks within the industry and with management teams of potential partner/M&A targets
- Develop new data-driven strategies and opportunities that are aligned with corporate objectives and that are supported by quantitative modeling
- Assist in the negotiation of deal terms and key legal agreements
- Manage due diligence processes with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships to educate executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Build relationships with internal cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Sales, Revenue Partnerships, Go-to-Market Operations, Finance and Legal
How to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of relevant tech-focused work experience in roles such as investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, private equity, or partnerships
- Demonstrated ability and experience with financial modeling (DCF, LBO, etc.), especially with limited input information and the need to be creative
- Prior experience in strategic deal execution and integration
- Ability to quickly formulate insights around complex business problems and aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: able to articulately present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Strong bias for action, personal initiative, excellent judgment, strong ethics, and a sense of humor
- Ability to create and leverage frameworks for strategic decision making
- Desire to succeed and move quickly without constant guidance in a fast-moving, demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- High aptitude to learn, assimilate to new teams and projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started in 2018, in the wake of several high-profile data breaches. Online security was only becoming more important, but we knew firsthand how hard it could be for fast-growing companies to invest the time and manpower it takes to build a solid security foundation. Vanta was inspired by a vision to restore trust in internet businesses by enabling companies to improve and prove their security.From our early days automating security monitoring for compliance standards like SOC 2, HIPAA and ISO 27001 to creating the world's leading Trust Management Platform, our vision remains unchanged.
Now more than ever, making security continuous—not just a point-in-time check— is essential. Thousands of companies rely on Vanta to build, maintain and demonstrate their trust— all in a way that's real-time and transparent.