RVP, Global Strategic Partnerships ~ Microsoft
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
RVP, Global Strategic Partnerships – Microsoft
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 2000 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
The RVP, Global Strategic Partnerships “GSP”- Microsoft is responsible for our growing Strategic partnerships organization. This position will be responsible for providing leadership, management, and strategy for the sell with/GTM engagement and all joint activities with Microsoft. The GSP will have a myriad of responsibilities to ensure consistent engagement with Microsoft to drive revenue, facilitate joint go-to-market, customer engagements, qualified pipeline and bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The role is regarded as highly strategic to the company and its growth. This role will be managing and hiring a team of Strategic Account Managers, beginning with Microsoft North America.
The GSP will be part of the growing Partnerships team that coordinates Seismic partner sales activities and will be the central conduit for engagement management between Seismic and Microsoft. The GSP will report to the VP of Partnerships, but will have several dotted line coordination requirements for consistent communication and engagement with marketing, product marketing, product, finance, legal and inside sales. This position will be the knowledge expert on all aspects of Microsoft and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and events.
It is expected that the GSP has consistent interaction and engagement with MSFT and Seismic sales teams, product, and marketing in support of the co-sell activities with Microsoft. The GSP will demonstrate a deep understanding of Microsoft GTM strategies including but not limited to ~ co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events, funnel management, and co-development initiatives.
What you will do:
- Develop the annual and quarterly global plan and performance goals and provide support and coordination for all Seismic activity with Microsoft
- Facilitate and manage co-selling opportunities, account mapping, and other sales engagements between MSFT and Seismic sales teams
- Track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings to provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Assist with providing content for MSFT sales enablement and Seismic training curriculum
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales issues for any activity with the partner
- Identify potential alignment points with local/national channel partners
Experience you will need:
- 10-15 years of partner engagement, experience in a strategic environment with MSFT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is able to get to work quickly and execute independently.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, and the ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment
- A passion for Seismic's mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency 1
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.