Director of Partnerships
Help Scout has successfully grown via Direct Sales for the last 12 years. As we look to significantly increase our New ARR in 2024, we are establishing new revenue channels. The Director of Partnerships will be a critical hire in service of those goals–responsible for generating revenue from integration and reseller partners.
On the integration side, Help Scout boasts over 90 integration partners. This person will work to foster relationships with our current partner network and help establish our ecosystem-led go-to-market motion. In addition to the current list of partners, this person will also work with the VP of Product to determine which new partners will help to complement our current offering, and also accelerate Help Scout’s growth.
On the reseller side, Help Scout is looking to exponentially increase our distribution via reseller networks such as TD Synnex. This person will work with this type of channel partner, and with our product teams to determine the right product offering to increase our sales through the reseller network.
This role is open to US-based candidates only at this time.
What You'll Do
- You’ll spearhead the formal relationship-building and growth of our integration and reselling partners.
- You’ll be experimenting and developing creative strategies across the partnership ecosystem, marketplaces, and resellers to create scalable foundations for growth. We’re committed to doubling down on initiatives that deliver repeatable revenue outcomes.
- You’ll work closely with our Marketing team to develop initiatives to co-market with our partners and manage expectations with our affiliate networks.
- Regularly collect feedback from our partner network about the product and competition and report to our Executive and Product teams.
- Work closely with our Product, Operations, and Marketing teams to identify partnership opportunities that can drive meaningful revenue.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of new partnership opportunities and deal flow from existing partners.
- Manage and report on both the team's financial budget and performance metrics.
- This role reports to the CRO and currently has one direct report–a Partner Development Manager.
- 5+ years of strategic partnership or business development experience.
- Experience closing partnership deals and have been the point person on meaningful deals.
- Comfortable with negotiating large contracts and operating in good faith.
- You love to strategize around initiatives and are eager to develop new initiatives.
- You performance-manage based on results and you know how to balance short-term goals with long-term goals.
- You have a deep understanding of a SaaS sales process.
- You can identify strong talent and know how to manage a team of top performers.
- You have partnership management experience either as a manager or an individual contributor.
Who You'll Work With
- Andrea Kayal, CRO - You’ll report to her
- Pallavi Singh, Partner Development Manager - You’ll manage her
- Lisa Phillips - VP of Product
- Alison Charles - Director of Product Marketing
- Each role at Help Scout has a pay range aligned to our salary formula and based on national market data. We take a competency-based approach and pay is based on the level and band of your role. We assess leveling during the hiring process for new teammates, during our bi-annual performance review cycles, and when a teammate’s role changes.
- Our remote compensation philosophy is not based on the employee’s geographic location. You are paid the same no matter where you live.
- The base salary range for this role is $170,000-$200,000.
Perks & Benefits
Help Scout offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family. Our offerings include healthcare coverage, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit our careers page to learn more.
All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Additionally, because Help Scout is a fully remote company and we hire from many countries, we do not sponsor visas. Help Scout teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
For our Engineering, Product Management, and Product Design roles, we are only able to hire in the United States.
For other roles, we are only able to hire in the following countries: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, and Norway.
We’re working on expanding this list. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success, and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.
To provide you with the best experience, we can support you with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our recruitment team during your conversation with them.
About Help Scout
We're on a mission to help businesses delight more customers. We love crafting beautiful products and resources to solve that challenge, but we're also trying to do something bigger. We're trying to build a company that brings out your best and leaves the world a better place — a company that seeks balance between profit and purpose. That's why we've been a Certified B Corporation since 2019, have pledged 1% of our equity back to the community, and have been remote since day one, now with 150+ people in 125 cities worldwide.
To learn more about who we are, visit the About page.