Director, Microsoft Partnerships
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll have a massive impact here – and on your career:
As the Director, Microsoft Partnership, you will be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships with Microsoft and their associated Value Added Resellers (VARs) to grow new bookings and revenue for Versapay. In this role, you will own the strategy for growth of our ERP partnership with Microsoft and their channel and be accountable for the success of the channel. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, product development, and finance, to drive the growth and success of our ERP and VAR partnership program. This role requires Microsoft specific experience, a deep understanding of ERP's and their VAR ecosystems, and a keen ability to identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Alliances, you will also have a key influence on all aspects of our partnership program and how we execute successful partnerships.
What you'll do:
- Partnership Strategy
- Develop and execute a comprehensive partnership strategy aligned with Versapay's strategy and business objectives and specific to Microsoft and their unique opportunities and challenges.
- Grow existing ERP and VAR partnerships through data-backed strategy and programs that consider the partner's overall strategy, ecosystem, market trends, industry needs, and product compatibility.
- Develop and nurture senior-level relationships with our partner leadership teams.
- Maintain a deep level of understanding of Microsoft partner programs and how we advance to top tiers to ensure Versapay is a strategic partner to Microsoft. Identify unique opportunities to be a part of Microsoft's overall go to market and product strategy.
- Partner Onboarding for VAR Premier and Plus Tier Partners
- Identify, evaluate, and engage prospective partners.
- Negotiate partnership agreements and terms to ensure favorable terms for both parties.
- Lead the onboarding process for new partners, ensuring thorough training is completed.
- Relationship Management
- Cultivate strong, long-lasting relationships with national ERP and VAR partners.
- Act as the primary point of contact for partner inquiries, concerns, and escalations.
- Collaborate with partners to develop joint marketing initiatives, co-selling opportunities, and co-development projects.
- Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and operating mechanisms to continuously measure the success and effectiveness of partnerships.
- Monitor partner performance and track progress towards achieving mutually agreed-upon bookings targets and other goals.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on partnership activities and outcomes including leads passed, conversion rates, pipeline generated, and pipeline closed.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Work closely with sales teams to leverage partner relationships to meet bookings targets.
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure product-market fit and that our integrations are working effectively for our mutual clients.
- Coordinate with marketing teams to create, execute, and measure marketing campaigns and programs.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Required Experience
- 10+ years of experience working for a fast-paced SaaS company.
- 5-7 years of experience in partnership management, channel sales, and/or mid-market/enterprise sales.
- 3-5 years of experience working with the Microsoft channel and VAR community.
- Experience driving sales and a proven track record building relationships and targeting key decision makers to push opportunities and partnerships forward.
- Experience working with virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Desired Experience
- Experience in payments and fintech industry a plus.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing a plus.
- About You
- Passion for building strong relationships and collaborating with others.
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects, opportunities, and personalities across the deal cycle.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Experience working in high-ambiguity environments and turning uncertainty into opportunity.
- You’re naturally curious and confident, love to ask questions, listen, and learn from conversations; then use that to evangelize how innovative fintech solutions can help partners and prospects on their path to digital transformation.
- You’re well organized and can handle managing a lot of moving pieces at once, often coordinating internal teams to bring the best that Versapay can offer to your clients.
- You’ve got a bias toward action, love to dive in and get stuff done.
- You are comfortable working with people at any level in the organization, nurturing them as needed, and becoming a trusted advisor.
- You have a competitive attitude with previous experience crushing a sales quota and love closing deals!
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.