Senior Partner Manager
About the job
Shopify is innovating faster than any other commerce stack. We put independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We transform enteprises and work with some of the world's biggest names and brands who are pushing the limits — and expect us to, too.
While millions of merchants in over 175 countries already use Shopify, the remaining opportunity is vat. This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
The local Northern Europe Partnerships team is responsible for developing the best in class ecosystem of channel partners to scale Shopify’s development in the region. Our partners are the extension of our teams and help us bring more of Shopify to the world. From agency partners to system integrators and technology partners, our objective is to partner with the best providers to support Shopify’s merchant acquisition efforts as well as existing merchant growth.
About The Role
Shopify is in a unique position to help partners deliver on their clients’ digital transformation. There is a tremendous opportunity in the region to take Shopify’s network of partners to the next level and build mutually beneficial partnerships that will ultimately make Shopify merchants more successful.
We are looking for a Senior Partner Manager to support this effort, from refining the new partners acquisition approach for the partners channel to establishing the right partnerships to acquire Plus merchants. You will be responsible for identifying new potential partners that can be nurtured into our Plus Partner program in Northern Europe and work with the team and cross-functionally to turn them into long lasting partnerships.
- You have 10+ years experience in partnerships or sales/equivalent direct Sales experience
- Deep knowledge of the local Commerce ecosystem and established relationships across EMEA with commerce agencies, system integrators, technology providers, and other potential businesses that complement the commerce lifecycle
- You have a passion for partnerships, ecosystem, brands and commerce.
- You are passionate about sales, hunting, creating funnels and reaching out to new agencies.
- You excel at establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- You have an agile growth mindset and adapt well to a fast moving environment.
- You understand the inner workings of digital and full-service agencies.
- You're a self-starter, proactive, and able to handle uncertainty, while demonstrating your own initiative.
- Experience working across multiple business units, comprising many stakeholders and influencing factors.
- Previous experience working for a service provider within the eCommerce space, or experience managing agencies or/and system integrators within a tech company
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor.