Business Development Manager - Strategic Partnerships
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Business Development Manager - Strategic Partnerships
You will be a key member of the Business Development team and will work closely with the Director, Business Development to ensure the growth and development of our key platform. You are a hunter and relationship builder who can identify, qualify, negotiate and close highly beneficial strategic partnerships. You will recruit and develop key partnerships that will help FreshBooks expand the distribution of our product via partners. You will work with your peers in Product Development and Marketing to operationalize new lines of growth for FreshBooks.
This role is hybrid, meaning that the team comes together in office 1 time per week on Thursdays.
What You'll Do as a Business Development Manager - Strategic Partnerships
- Support and accelerate the growth of partners, including ownership of the partner plan and budgeted partner revenue
- Manage strategy and execution for key partnerships
- Evaluate the partner market landscape and recruit, on-board and operationalize each partnership
- Maintain ongoing relationships with strategic partners including monthly and quarterly reviews
- Provide regular status updates to the Management team
- Lead direct and indirect teams
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 6+ years of channel management, sales and/or business development experience
- Experience working with Digital Payments and Banking solution companies.
- Experience managing large partnerships and moving them along the curve to full revenue engagement
- Background in SaaS, platform and community building partnerships
- Excellent communication skills – someone who can present/demonstrate FreshBooks and get people excited to work with us
- Experience leading teams or complex projects with successful results
You'll Stand Out If You Bring
- Love of technology
- Great presentation skills
- Business knowledge
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.