Partner Technical Manager
About the job
Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are an organization filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is growing its APAC Partner Technical Team and is seeking a Partner Technical Manager who will work to develop and improve the capacity, efficiency and scalability of our ASEAN partner ecosystem which spans all business sectors and sizes.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and growing the partner business, handling the technology evaluation stage of the sales process in conjunction with the local sales and partner team, and by acting as the key technical advisor, enabler and advocate for our products and services within our partners ecosystem. As a passionate Splunk Partner Technical Manager, you will commit to answering technical inquiries from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as eloquent Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
You look after developing and maintaining positive relationships within our partners, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor on all technical matters relating to the company's technological offerings.
- Ability to engage optimally with our partners, defining an appropriate technical engagement strategy aligned to the partner’s desired Splunk based GTM objectives.
- Define & execute appropriate enablement plans that support the agreed technical engagement approach.
- Ability to impactfully demonstrate the value proposition of Splunk’s products and services along with the platform's core capabilities on site, remotely via webinar sessions, or at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Willingness to travel to visit and support partners, their related prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer and partner work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also significant.
- Ability to be organized and analytical and eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing partner and customer base.
- Demonstrated ability in a Partner or Channel Sales Engineering role, ideally with a software technology company in Kuala Lumpur.
- Ability to network and handle stakeholders optimally.
- Experience on delivering sales and technical enablement workshops or webinars to customers.
- Daring with a proven record in technical software/hardware sales and knowledge of technology.
- Proficient in either IT, Security or DevOps/Observability solutions.
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate clearly and expertly.
- Project/Program Development experience.
- Strong analytical skill and growth mindset.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings MYR 212,000.00 - 291,500.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https //splunkbenefits.com.