Sr Software Partner Manager
About the job
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About The Team
The Partner Innovation organization works within GPO (Global Partner Organization) and is focused defines and develops our software partner ecosystem and new solutions to better position Workday’s products. GPO is driving a rapid and intentional change to adopt an open and modern ecosystem and implement a unified global partner strategy, with cross-functional engagement in programs, systems, processes and people. The Partner Innovation organization manages the software partner ecosystem and promotes innovation on top of and integration with Workday Products and Technology. The partner management team manages top tier software partnerships from ideation, integration to go-to-market. The partner solution management organization prioritizes and develops solution ideas and concepts, as well as launching partner solutions to address market white spaces and new opportunities.
About The Role
The Software Alliances Director manages a portfolio of high-impact software partners within the Workday Partner Program. This growing program includes over 300 software partners with plans to grow rapidly over the next several years. Workday is building a world-class partner program focused on revenue growth, business outcomes and innovation. In this role, you will nurture and grow a set of software partnerships by defining key business objectives, developing joint business plans, establishing executive sponsorship, leading go-to-market initiatives that drive revenue growth while building trusted relationships that ensure success of the partnership over the long-term. The role requires familiarity in working across industries, business process competence and understanding in HCM and Finance, solution and product management, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional stakeholders to obtain partnership objectives.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing Software Partnerships
- Identify and establish new Software Partnerships
- Develop relationships across product, industry, sales and services to implement cross-functional partnership motions
- Build relationships with partner counterparts and executive leadership
- Set strategic direction with partners with defined goals and clear business outcomes
- Define, prioritize and lead GTM activities in partnership with marketing to drive awareness and demand for joint solutions
- Develop annual business plans with regular reviews with executive stakeholders to ensure partnership objectives are met
- Onboard and guide new partners as the software partner ecosystem grows
- Collaborate on team-wide initiatives to improve or expand the Workday Partner Program
- 4+ years of experience in partner management OR business development at an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 4+ years of experience in HCM, Payroll and / or Financials expertise
- 4+ years of experience managing software parnterships for an Enterprise SAAS organization, focused on driving revenue
- Strong relationship building skills and excellent communication skills
- Adaptable and resilient with experience in a fast paced, quickly evolving environment
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and high energy
- Collaborative critical thinker, with methodical approach and organizational skills to manage parallel opportunities concurrently
- High level of integrity and a desire for high quality
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $141,000 - $211,600
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $125,600 - $211,600
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.