Partner Development Manager, Strategic Partners
About the job
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About The Team
The Global Strategic Alliances Partnerships team develops and manages relationships with our most critical, enterprise level technology and ecosystem partners. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives with these partners across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe and the products used by millions of our users.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Senior Partner Development Manager who will deepen our most strategic relationships and execute on high-impact initiatives with our most important technology partners (e.g. Apple). This person will work with executives internally and externally to identify new opportunities to grow our relationships, products, and reach, all the while instituting Stripe as the preferred technology innovation partner for your account(s).
- Lead the global partner team for one of Stripe’s most strategic partnerships, with a focus on driving the execution of joint initiatives and launching new offerings to benefit Stripe users
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner and deal management rooted in milestone management, KPIs and alignment on opportunities of mutual interest
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies, and execute deals and initiatives that support Stripe’s strategy
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal cross-functional stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) to drive creation and execution of partner (and related product) strategy
- Identify partner stakeholders who will champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, and build alignment between Stripe and our partner’s executive teams
- Manage strategic planning and deal negotiation/expansion with our key strategic partner(s)
- Manage multiple internal and external executive stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Uses strategic and product creativity to collaborate with Stripe leaders to drive innovation
- Exhibit an operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision, and running tight processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- 15+ years of experience in strategic partnerships, business development, corporate development or related field
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Experience negotiating first-of-kind commercial deals with complex enterprises
- Experience working in a product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally across a wide variety of functions
- High agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience related to payments is a meaningful plus
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $222,100 - $313,600. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.