Strategic Alliance Manager - ANZ
About the job
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your extensive sales experience to a world-class company that is market-leading for both content and technology?
We are seeking a Strategic Alliance Manager for Australian & New Zealand (ANZ) markets who is knowledgeable, capable and charismatic with proven experience working with the big four advisory firms, Global/Regional System Integrators in ANZ.
You will have demonstrable success in achieving sales targets, building and executing go-to-market strategies via partner models; and be focused on meeting corporate sales, revenue, operational and strategic goals.
About The Role
As our Strategic Alliance Manager, ANZ, you will be:
- Recruiting and activating partners in line with the regional Partners Strategy and under an engagement model appropriate for the ANZ market.
- Developing business through partners to access market opportunities and achieve sales and revenue targets.
- Developing the partners’ skills and product knowledge and ensuring they have what they need to be successful.
- Working with internal Thomson Reuters stakeholders to ensure they provide appropriate support for our partners in ANZ.
- Build partnership network. Review suitability of existing partners, identify new suitable partners, negotiate and finalise partnership agreements. Strategic thinking, commercial acumen and experience dealing with C Level executives will be required.
- Work with partners to identify opportunities, build and review pipeline and execute on sales opportunities to achieve sales and revenue targets.
- Drive sales strategy and planning jointly with partners through strategic relationships, joint account planning and clear go to market approach. Increase partner reach, frequency and yield, as KPIs to achieve revenue and market share goals.
- Orchestrate sales, marketing, operations, learning and support to the partners.
- Build a partner virtual support team within Thomson Reuters business units and support functions across the region. Strong coordination skills as well as leadership skills will be required.
- Develop an effective partner ecosystem to leverage cross sell, up sell, and competitor displacement opportunities. Business development skills, commercial acumen and market knowledge will be required.
- Develop and maintain a robust governance model for partnerships in ANZ.
- Leverage resources using your influence and authority across business units, functions, regions, and within and outside of the company.
You’re a fit for our Strategic Alliance Manager, ANZ if you possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- 10+ years of business development and or sales/partnership experience with large enterprise technology companies in ANZ
- ERP solution experience is a plus
- Strong executor of strategies within the ANZ market to establish effective alliances with identified partners.
- Successful track record of developing new business and leading multiple strategic partnerships. Demonstrated level of success in achieving sales/revenue targets over a significant period of time.
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with complexity; able to apply a regional perspective to ensure global alignment to broader strategies and framework.
- Strong networks in relevant industries and evidence of long-term collaborative relationships with external customers and partners. Aptitude for identifying and solving customer problems through creative solutions using a consultative sales approach.
- Experience in collaborating across the business and achieve buy in, engagement and commitment from other internal parties. Able to rapidly build strong and effective relationships internally across the business and with Partner’s organization.
- Results oriented, performance driven, and team minded
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, locally and regionally
What's in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We've adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.