Sr. Partner Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the paradigm shift in new cloud segments. Together with our partners, we are revolutionizing how solutions of all kinds are created and brought to market. In this role you will manage an elite portfolio of AWS ISV (independent software vendor) partners. We work with ISVs of all sizes, categorized as Strategic, Managed, and Emerging. The Strategic or Managed ISV partners represent some of the largest relationships in the company. Our teams are committed to 1/driving visibility of the relationship between AWS and our partners, 2/driving revenue through AWS channels with co-sell and go-to-market, 3/developing new distribution channels for our partners, and 4/joint innovation. We focus on what will move the needle for these big companies using the AWS ecosystem, bringing together segments, vertical specialties, developers, and our enterprise customers. The Emerging ISV partners represent earlier-stage sellers that are growing with AWS. We help develop the strategy to make AWS channels the default route to market for these sellers. Our responsibilities also include identifying opportunities for co-sell, removing key blockers, and working across product, engineering, and marketing to develop solutions that help the ISVs grow and scale their businesses.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for building C-level, field, and technology relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales and service teams, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions in the Infrastructure ISV space, and executing joint GTM plans globally. The position also requires a technical aptitude and deep familiarity with cloud. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with a number of highly strategic ISV partners to define and execute joint technology, marketing, sales, and AWS Marketplace initiatives.
- Execute strategic business development plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support), including those for a specific software market targeting recruitment, revenue and GTM goals.
- Engage each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and AWS Marketplace field enablement team to create and drive co-sell revenue.
- Identify specific customer and business segments as well as industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Create and maintain mechanisms for ‘working backwards’ from our partners requirements (roadmaps, evolving business models, new use cases, etc.) to enable better customer and partner outcomes, and to explore opportunities for growth
- Orchestrate and influence leadership inside and outside AWS through the right governance frameworks
- Contribute to thought leadership manifested in writing that targets both internal (narratives for executive leadership across AWS) and external audiences (partner/domain evangelism that includes partner webinars and AWS customer events).
- Work with ISVs to educate them on the value proposition of AWS Marketplace as a new cloud channel and help them align business and technical requirements
- Orchestrate integration strategies with adjacent AWS native services leadership to exploit the power of joint solutions that run effectively, are easy to deploy and configure, and provide optimized ‘cloud native experiences’ for our customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
San Francisco, CA, USA | Santa Clara, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- 5+ years of professional or military experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 6+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements
- 5+ years managing ISV partnerships and adoption of cloud marketplace(s) at a public cloud provider or ISV partner of public cloud provider.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.