Senior Partner Development Manager
The Senior Partner Development Manager role is a unique leadership opportunity to shape the direction of the world’s largest strategic software partner ecosystem across Microsoft’s Cloud Solution Areas. As a leader in the Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Azure Apps and Infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to drive one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft that is at the leading edge of the shift to cloud services and digital transformation. This senior leader represents Microsoft to the ISV Partner ecosystem, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in helping our partners digitally transform.
The Senior Partner Development Manager role is a key and influential role within the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and across Microsoft. The charter of the Senior Partner Development Manager and her/his Solution Area teams is to develop and drive the partner engagement, solution development, and commercial growth strategy across our top strategic ISVs in the Apps & Infrastructure solution area. The role needs to provide leadership to build the right partner capacity and capabilities from within the existing ecosystem and through the recruitment of new targeted partners aligned with the strategic needs of the industry.
This role is responsible for accelerating our partners’ digital and AI transformation to the Microsoft Cloud and Azure AI, driving partner preference on Microsoft’s platform versus our competition. They must be a transformational leader who thinks ahead, leads from the front, and seeks out ways to disrupt markets with new business practices, services and solutions that reimagine the way business is transacted.
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission and it is the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft. The Independent Software Vendor (ISV) ecosystem team embodies a culture of growth and collaboration, making it a place where teams are challenged, learn, excel, and can do their best work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 5+ years experience in partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in Global, Area level Business Management as a leader of Sales, Customer, Partner teams selling technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field AND 8+ years experience in partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in Global, Area level Business Management as a leader of Sales, Customer, Partner teams selling technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies
- Experience in alliance management, enterprise sales, channels, and marketing are required.
- Effective people management, business management, and communication skills are critical.
- The ability to write and present complex ideas and concepts to a wide range and size of audiences, from CVP to CEO level, is a must.
- Deep understanding of Partner business models, industry and competition, digital transformation drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on the partner eco-system
- Proven track record of building deep business relationships with CEO’s, CIO’s, CTO’s, CXOs
- Executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Extensive experience of working and influencing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Working knowledge of enterprise software management practices, including selection, deployment, and management processes
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging trends as well as the impact of these on Software and Services partners and their customers.
- Exceptional decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills
Partner Development Management IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $102,300 - $180,300 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $140,900 - $199,000 per year.