Head of Defined Contribution Partnerships
Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Head of Defined Contribution (DC) Partnerships to build our relationships with key retirement industry leaders to extend and strengthen Pontera’s network in the space. This role will further enable us to utilize key partnerships to continually improve our client experience and our product, bolster our overall growth, and execute on our mission of helping individual investors to retire wealthier. The Head of DC Partnerships will continue to develop and iterate our go-to-market strategy with defined contribution partners.
This role will require a strategic thinker and strong relationship manager who can demonstrate the value of an innovative tech platform to a well-established industry. A successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver who can structure complex partnerships and then see them through implementation and successful ongoing engagement. The Head of DC Partnerships will work closely with our executive team to strategize and implement partnerships.
- Manage Pontera’s existing pipeline with Defined Contribution Plan Recordkeepers, Plan Sponsors, Retirement Plan Advisors, and other key DC industry stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate potential partnership opportunities and build a prioritized roadmap for the future of Pontera’s DC partnerships
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key executives and stakeholders at current and potential partners
- Manage DC partnerships from strategy to execution including: scoping partnerships, selecting partners, negotiating and executing contract agreements, leading implementation, and launch.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales to develop and execute on partnership strategy
- Deep industry expertise partnering with or selling to key players in the Defined Contribution industry
- 8+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, or similar functions
- Proven track record of developing and managing successful relationships at an enterprise level
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, integrating overall marketing, sales, and product strategy into our partnerships approach
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with an adaptable start-up mindset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Compensation: Base Salary $150,000, OTE is dependent on experience
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.