Partner Development Manager
About the job
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Partner Development Manager
Fastly’s Partner Team is looking for an experienced Partner Development Manager who will be responsible for identifying and recruiting new partners in North America. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to successfully position Fastly’s value and attract new partners who will be instrumental in accelerating Fastly’s future growth.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute Fastly’s partner recruitment strategy for North America
- Operate at senior executive levels while leading recruitment efforts with potential partners
- Create joint go-to-market plans with new partners to ensure a successful partnership
- Drive regular communication and evangelism internally & externally to promote new partnerships
- Successfully onboard new partners using Fastly’s partner portal
- Collaborate with channel account managers, partner marketing, product, legal and other departments as necessary
- Continually identify new potential routes to market
- Exceed partner recruitment quotas and KPIs
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of business development and partnership roles
- Well versed in cyber security, cloud services, CDN, edge computing or SaaS/PaaS
- Experience recruiting and managing multiple partner types (reseller, MSP, MSSP, etc.)
- Proven record of exceeding performance objectives
- Superior relationship-building skills across internal and partner stakeholders
- Consistent track record of exceeding KPIs & business objectives
- Desire to work as part of a virtual, globally distributed team with a passion for cross-functional collaboration and communication
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is a remote role and open to candidates residing in the following locations: US East (Remote), US Central (Remote)
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $172,440.00 to $250,640.00. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 75% / 25%.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.