Sr. Partner Development Manager, APAC SI Partner Management
About the job
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a dynamic results-oriented candidate to join as a Partner Development Manager, South East Asia.
As the Partner Development Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS' services and solutions with a key strategic partner region wide.
Your broad responsibilities will include helping to define and execute against the partner program, establishing business and technical relationships, collaborating with a team of local Partner Development Managers, and managing the day-to-day interactions with this organization in order to build long-term business and marketing opportunities. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the ASEAN Partner Development team in helping to drive the overall AWS partner strategy
- Have a broad-based understanding of cloud technologies
- Develop a group of committed partners including a plan to recruit, on-board, educate and measure them in the region
- Develop and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, legal, support, etc.).
- Work with specific prospects/partners to develop the business value proposition for using our services and solutions for the specific prospects/partners; educate and enable them for using AWS solutions
- Establish the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects and key customers
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress against budgeted plan and any potential roadblocks to closing new customers
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of the market strategy
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 10+ years of relevant sales and partner management experience
- Extensive channel and alliance experience in the Singapore market
- Degree/MBA in relevant disciplines with at least ten years of working knowledge of software development tech companies .
- Extensive channel and alliance experience in ASEAN is an essential requirement to be successful in this role.
- Experience working within the enterprise software industry is highly desired, especially in the virtualization, cloud or enterprise software spaces.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Exposure to and experience is developing channel programs to deliver sustainable revenue.
- Culturally aware with good interpersonal skills; able to collaborate across different functional teams and stakeholders.