Partner Development Manager (Hybrid)
About the job
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Our Culture & Values
At Microsoft, we work to embody our culture of Growth Mindset, Customer Obsessed, Diverse & Inclusive, One Microsoft, Making a difference.
We live these through our values of Respect, Integrity and Accountability.
Our love for innovation, technology and doing meaningful work, is at the heart of everything we do at Microsoft. It is a shared passion that inspires our team and customers to think bigger.
The Partnership team mission is to build and sell intelligent cloud and AI solutions with our partners, empowering people and organizations to achieve more. We are a business development organisation accountable for Microsoft’s most innovative partnerships. Our mission is to empower digital businesses to innovate, using Microsoft’s cloud, and reshape Australia’s economy.
The Partner Development Manager – SaaS Recruit (PDM-R) is an important contributor to Microsoft's SaaS & ISV partner strategy in building our future ecosystem. The goal of the PDM-R is to build meaningful partnerships with the most exciting and impactful software and SaaS companies.
The PDM-R identifies, qualifies, engages, and enables strategic partners to develop new solutions and commercial approaches on the Microsoft cloud and AI platform. We seek to engage empathetically, by understanding business problems and building and selling compelling joint solutions.
- Identify and engage proactively with the Founders and CxOs of the most exciting ANZ SaaS and software companies from startup to scaleup and mature companies.
- Develop meaningful business partnerships that span the entire SaaS lifecycle from product design/development on the Microsoft Cloud, go to market and sales expansion.
- Challenge partners on existing business models and GTM approaches, explore new innovative approaches to develop new revenue streams.
- Bring cutting edge AI and cloud innovations to SaaS, software and digital companies with a view to developing or enhancing their products.
- Be valued in an environment where you can bring your whole self to work through belonging and inclusion.
- Be a thought leader who actively engages in the local ANZ SaaS ecosystem and external events.
- Creates strategies to help SaaS partners to scale into new markets and new countries with a focus on the Microsoft Commercial Marketplace.
The purpose of this role
You will be joining a high performing team across ANZ that works together to support and grow our ISV & SaaS partners. We want to hear from you if:
- you're a strong seller and bring high energy and passion for our partners every day;
- you have a growth mindset and a passion for partners;
- you have a professional approach to engage at all levels within an organisation;
- you are wondering if you don't have the laundry list of skills yet but do have the mindset and energy called out above;
- You are a team player and a passion to contribute to the success of others around you.
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
- You should have knowledge of the SaaS and Startup landscape;
- Ideally, you will have some combination of sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry and solution development skills;
- Executive presence and ability to influence senior business leaders through robust business value propositions;
- A good understanding of cloud and AI technologies, transformation initiatives, cloud economic models and ideally Microsoft solutions in this space;
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills;
- Challenger mentality, leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through;
- Have expertise with enterprise solutions and partners; leadership, sales, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. We offer a wide range of supportive benefits such as coaching and mentoring programs and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave. We encourage you to ask about our flexible working options and how we can support your career. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. We expect each of us to play an active role in creating environments where people of a diverse range of backgrounds are excited to bring all of who they are and do their best work. Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
In the meantime, please see our FAQs, Interview Tips and Accessibility Support for more information on our recruitment process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.