Channel Partners Business Development Manager
About the job
Want to be a bswifter?
bswift’s successful creation of an online benefits enrollment/administration system has provided a simple, intuitive, and engaging experience for both employers and their employees. Located in downtown Chicago, bswift offers software and services that streamline benefits, HR and payroll administration for employers and public and private exchanges nationwide. bswift’s state-of-the-art cloud-based technology and outsourcing solutions significantly reduce administrative costs and time-consuming paperwork, making life easier for administrators and millions of consumers who manage their benefits with bswift.
This position can sit anywhere in the U.S.
bswift is a Chicago-based technology and services company that provides industry-leading benefits administration for employers and exchanges nationwide. We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
As a Business Development Manager, your primary responsibility will be to prospect, promote and sell benefits administration engagements from within the existing books of business of leading bswift broker channel partners. bswift has multiple broker channel partners who have current clients for whom they act as a broker or consultant on employee benefit programs. In this role, you will solicit the producers of the channel partner to generate a pipeline of leads for clients to engage the channel partner’s center of excellence to obtain benefits administration services on the bswift platform. You will be responsible to develop relationships with the producers of the channel partner and with the bswift implementation and service teams of the channel partner. Your primary objective will be to increase the size of the book of business of the channel partner on bswift by successfully selling their clients and prospects on bswift. You will work closely with bswift’s sales, marketing and client service teams to align resources needed to successfully sell prospects on using bswift’s platform and the channel partners delivery team to meet their benefits administration needs. You will have a sales quota and specific channel partner assignments.
• Represent bswift technology and benefits administration products and services to channel partners and their clients and prospects
• Cultivate and nurture productive and influential relationships, acting as the initial point of sales activity with producers of bswift channel partner organizations
• Gain understanding of bswift and channel partner client prospects, focusing on the multifaceted needs of the employer and recommend appropriate benefits from bswift's enrollment technology and the channel partner’s service capabilities
• Understand the channel partner’s needs and goals, and work collaboratively to help the channel partner expand their business on bswift
• Manage a sales pipeline and prospecting processes; follow sales support protocols to assist with efforts of channel partners to sell bswift
• Work with the channel partner’s sales resources to set appropriate client expectations regarding contracting and service deliverables
• Work collaboratively with the channel partner to manage sales activity to align with implementation capacity and set appropriate scope and timing expectations in the sales process
• Serve as an advocate for bswift in competitively bid sales engagements
• Manage complex negotiations and position products, financial arrangements, and expanded product capabilities to increase sales and maximize revenue
• Establish a market presence in assigned area of focus by participating in select market forums, collaborating with peers, and cultivating market relationships
• Business travel will be required to support the development of producer relationships, sales finalist meetings and business conferences
Qualifications and Skills:
• 6+ years sales or partner management; knowledge of benefits administration, software or insurance industry experience is a plus
• Strong understanding of partnership model and strategies
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with partners and internal stakeholders
• Experience navigating complex selling situations involving senior level resources (e.g., executives, procurement, finance, IT and/or consulting firms)
• Demonstrated ability to represent a product and company in a highly consultative manner, using facts and data to evaluate market trends and partnership opportunities
• Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in using Salesforce or other CRM software
Bachelor's degree preferred
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The bswift Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the benefits administration business. bswift is an energetic and dynamic company that is competing in the benefits administration and outsourcing space and winning customers across all industries and size segments. The Business Development Manager will work independently to cultivate strong relationships with our partners to create sales opportunities with their clients, while increasing their earning potential by representing bswift to some of country's most respected benefit influencers.
At bswift, our values are Higher Standards, Greater Accountability and More Fun. We pride ourselves on having an engaged, friendly and smart team that goes the extra mile to get the job done right. The reward is a fun, flexible and creative environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth.
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000 plus commission (additional 20k-50k). If you are hired at bswift, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to those factors – we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future & continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package!
bswift is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.