We're an early-stage, well-funded and rapidly growing startup team with a proven track record of shipping open-source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision-making.
Dagster is part of a growing ecosystem of technology and implementation partners. We are also being actively sought out by large technology players looking to collaborate. With this in mind, we are opening up a position for our first partnerships manager.
About The Role
Dagster Labs is a popular orchestration tool and has seen rapid adoption by consulting firms and technology partners alike. We see great potential in driving new revenue by supporting consulting firms of all sizes in their adoption and promotion of Dagster.
This new role will significantly scale the number of consulting firms we engage with to drive the adoption of Dagster open source and especially drive new leads and opportunities for enterprise adoption of Dagster Cloud. Our aim is to have Dagster positioned as the orchestration solution of choice at the majority of specialized consultancy firms working in the data domain.
Alongside our cadre of Implementation Partners, this role will also build out:
- Cloud hyperscalers relationships and integrations (GCP and AWS marketplace, Snowflake, Databricks, Azure)
- Other major technology partnerships
This is a full-time, competitively-paid position with benefits.
We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco, New York and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you'd rather not work from home, we'll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you're fully remote.
The newly appointed Partnerships Manager will define and implement a new partnerships program for Dagster Labs.
- Focus on Boutique and mid-sized data consultancies and SIs (10-500 employees).
- Build a scalable model to onboard and engage as many of these as possible without scaling support requirements.
Working with the rest of the growth team, the designers, sales engineering, and DevRel, the Partnership Manager will design, build, and run a partnership strategy aimed at growing the adoption of Dagster open-source and driving new Dagster Cloud accounts.
The Partnerships Manager will advise on, define, then execute on, the plan for aligning external partner activity and the Dagster Labs sales efforts.
- Proven experience in driving new revenue opportunities through partnership programs in the devtool space. The successful candidate in this role will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Partnership Management role that includes a focus on implementation partner programs.
- Proven experience in designing a partnership strategy, and executing that strategy in close coordination with other relevant functions (Sales, Engineering).
- Familiarity with the "open-core" business model and how to drive revenue opportunities for an open-source solution through a partner network.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Experience in managing other types of partnerships (VARs, Tech partners)
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open-source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Dagster Labs if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $140,000 - $190,000.