Director, Cloud Partner Manager
About the job
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced sales leader with extraordinary energy, passion, and initiative to drive partner awareness and channelise new business for the fastest-growing database in the world, MongoDB.
We're looking for a dynamic Director for our Cloud Account team who will be responsible for building and leading a team of cloud partner executives and growing our cloud partnership in China. These partnerships exist today with Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and AWS China and may expand to other partners.
The role focuses on leadership, development, and the execution of Cloud Partners' goals. We like to say, “Come to MongoDB and get your masters in sales.” Our culture is truly driven by our Sales team. As a leadership team, we invest in ways to not only attract, hire, and develop our talent but also ensure our Sales teams are set up for long-term success and have fun while doing it.
- Run Cloud Partner relationships in the China Area with a direct reporting line to the Regional Vice President, Sales of Mainland China.
- Bring your experience and entrepreneurial flair to the table by creating and implementing a playbook that sets the team up for success
- Attract, Hire, and Retain high-achieving Cloud Partner Managers via all channels available (internal, external, self)
- Drive a high-performance, high-accountability culture to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Build and execute go-to-market programs (co-selling and co-marketing) with Cloud Partners
- Drive enablement and field alignment activities to deliver incremental MongoDB revenue with Cloud Partners
- Interlock with MongoDB’s Global Partner team, Pre-sales, Post-sales, and Marketing support
- Participate in our sales enablement training, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
- A track record of working with decision-makers and closing deals in China.
- Demonstrable experience of at least 2 consecutive quarters of success in leading a sales team.
- Strong experience in closing new business and growing accounts
- A true passion for sales & technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- Top performer both as an individual contributor and Manager, Results-oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- Must live in territory China (Beijing or Shanghai)
- English and Chinese speaking
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database) and developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health coverage, dental coverage, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- 20 weeks of Paternity and 26 weeks of Maternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
- MongoDB provides employees and their families 24-hour access to an Employee Assistance Program
Our Core Value
- Think Big, Go Far: We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption
- Make It Matter: We are relentless in our pursuit of a significant impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do
- Build Together: We achieve outstanding things by connecting and demonstrating the diversity of skills, experiences, and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Embrace the Power of Differences: We commit to crafting a culture of inclusion by seeking and valuing employees from different backgrounds and circumstances. This is cultivated by learning from and respecting each other’s differences
- Be Intellectually Honest: We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution
- Own What You Do: We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ well-being and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.