About the job
Get ready to own the sales cycle from prospecting to account management, establish and nurture client relationships, attend industry events to grow our network and work independently with the support of a standout team. If that’s right up your alley and you’re a tech enthusiast — this role is for you.
Here’s the Deal
- Uncapped commission — lots of earning potential beyond goal attainment
- Broaden your tech know-how cross-industry — you will support clients in building custom digital products across Finance, Fitness, Education, eComm and more
- Access to experts in the field — our team of ~200 Product Managers, Engineers and Designers are ready and eager to support the projects you bring home
- Global experience — our team is located across Los Angeles, New York and the Czech Republic, with full-time employees from 26+ countries
Who We Are
First, a bit about us. STRV is a software design and engineering team that delivers next-level digital products. Since 2004, we’ve delivered solutions for partners, from startups to established enterprises, including Barry’s, Microsoft, MedMen, Barnes & Noble, The Athletic, LegalZoom and many more. We focus on building mobile applications, websites, backend infrastructure, IoT, blockchain and data science/machine learning/AI.
We don’t just build great tech, we also have a great company culture. We value transparency and kindness, and our teams are self-driven in delivering the highest possible value for clients — because we care about building partnerships and products that make us proud.
How You Fit In
You’ve been in the sales game for a while. You have experience in Sales or Account Management and understand the nuance of selling to different customers and industries across varied market dynamics.
You’re skilled at networking, generating leads both digitally and IRL, you love meeting people, attending events IRL and networking.
You love new technology and are always looking for ways companies can improve and grow. You’re comfortable talking about technology and asking questions to guide your solutions.
You understand how to test and iterate your sales approach and how to leverage the resources around you to maximize your impact with clients and close deals.
You’re a strong communicator ready to work alongside dozens of passionate individuals across Sales, Design, Engineering, Product and Marketing to execute and elevate the business on the daily.
At STRV, Your Role Will Be To:
- Join the West Coast team consisting of a Director of Partnerships and two Partnership Managers
- Identify and generate new opportunities across growing startups and enterprise companies to target our services
- Maintain a qualified pipeline of opportunities that is accurately reflected in the CRM to allow for business rev planning + tracking
- Develop product strategies + solutions alongside our Product Architect that meet client objectives — taking into account budget, timeline and business model
- Craft and pitch client proposals with the support of Product, Engineering and Marketing
- Negotiate contracts and Statement of Work terms, leveraging Finance + Legal when needed
- Stay active within your local startup and tech community by attending meetups, conferences, events, etc.
- Proactively report on learnings and valuable feedback to Sales and Marketing leadership to improve our positioning in the marketplace
- Provide a timely, accurate forecast and clear visibility into revenue performance
- Maintain relationships beyond the point of a deal to remain top-of-mind and actively generate referrals
We Expect You to Have:
- 5+ years of sales experience at a tech company or digital agency (focus on closing new logos is a big plus)
- Experience in selling to founders and/or enterprise executives
- A proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales quota
- A strong understanding of technology or interest in growing your baseline technical knowledge
- Experience with tracking all of your sales activity and leads in CRM
- Natural curiosity and a history of learning new things quickly
- Great communication skills; you easily connect and build relationships
- Great organizational skills and the ability to handle several tasks at once with little oversight
- An entrepreneurial spirit that makes you a reliable self-starter
- A passion for digital products and building software; you’re up to speed with tech driving the future
- A strong focus on solving problems and being client-centric
- Fixed $100-$120K base salary
- Quarterly bonus based on target achievement
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly expense budget
- STRV Profit Sharing Pool
- Flexible working hours
- MacBook Pro
- iPhone or Android phone based on your preference
- Company contribution towards cell phone plan cost
- Medical, vision and dental plans paid by the company (eligible to sign up after 1 month at STRV)
- Life insurance fully covered by the company
- 401(k) plan (eligible to sign up after 3 months at STRV)
- Reimbursement for an ideal working from home setup
- Sick leave
- Paid time off for the observance of: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- An occasional trip to Prague