Sr. Partner Sales Manager, West Enterprise Greenfield Sales
About the job
As a Sr. Partner Sales Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to grow adoption of Amazon Web Services with some of the company’s most strategic partners and customers. In this role, you will establish and maintain sales and alliance relationships with strategic Technology and Consulting partners that include Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Systems Integrators (SIs), Resellers, and Managed Solutions Providers (MSPs) to drive AWS revenue and acquire new customers. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for creating and closing opportunities that drive top line AWS revenue growth and overall market adoption with AWS customers. A Partner Sales Manager collaborates with ISVs, consulting partners, customers, and AWS account teams to deliver customer outcomes and create incremental AWS consumption.
You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption of AWS across Enterprise market segments through partner engagement. You have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, and a partner sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers, partners, and field sales reps. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory with multiple account teams and partners
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and opportunity count targets by helping AWS sellers identify appropriate partners to accelerate opportunities and by working with partners to originate and close opportunities that drive AWS revenue
- Build deep relationships with customers and partners appropriate to your territory to fully understand their business, solutions, and technical needs
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan supporting multiple account teams and/or specific assigned strategic Technology (ISV) and Consulting partners to drive achievement of revenue and win goals
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key strategic partners
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services to customers and partners
- Manage and close a pipeline of partner business in your territory
- Drive business development initiatives in your territory in partnership with Partner Development resources and marketing and Go To Market Strategy teams to help drive joint partner solutions built on AWS and ensure that AWS is their preferred platform
- Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and Partner senior management teams.
A day in the life
- Execute this plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, specialist sales teams, services teams and BD, partner marketing and partner development resources)
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive AWS adoption
- Support partners as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs in partnership with partner development teams (and other resources)
- Ensure customer and partner satisfaction.
- Provide technical and architectural resources to assist your customers in joint engagements with partners and their delivery of solutions to market, including assisting them with channel partners
About The Team
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | San Jose, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of enterprise sales, business development experience
- 5+ years partner leadership experience or partner sales experience
- Experience working with partners (Consulting, Channel, ISV) with a track record of accelerating overall business outcomes
- Must currently reside in the greater Orange County, CA, Los Angeles County, CA, San Francisco Bay area, or Seattle, WA or be willing to relocate to one of these areas
- Prior experience engaging and influencing senior executives and familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers
- Prior experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with various methods for new customer acquisition
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $128,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. This position is eligible for variable pay via a sales compensation plan. These plans pay according to achievement level against sales targets and/or business objectives. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A2467748