Sr. GSI Partner Marketing Manager
About the job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Sr. GSI Partner Marketing Manager (PMM) to create a global strategic marketing plan which includes building awareness, creating demand and driving revenue for key partner-facing strategic initiatives.
As the Sr. GSI PMM, you will work closely with large-scale G/SI partners to help create and deliver a global partner marketing program that enables select partners to retain and grow existing focused clients and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS priorities globally to define and execute a global partner marketing plan to support the growth objectives for various partners. You will act as a marketing contact for your partners worldwide, including regular participation in team calls across the globe, in-person meetings and planning sessions. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO and CEO level, as well as a strong marketing background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers, vendors and sales/field reps. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, partnerships, offerings and solutions, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and marketing content around thought leadership. The candidate will work closely with their assigned partners and various sales team to identify specific customer segments and industry verticals, creating compelling joint value propositions and engaging campaigns.
You will work closely with your partners and our joint field marketing teams to help execute programs regionally, utilizing MDF and other funds. You will constantly seek to improve upon communication to the partner so that they are aware of the full scope of marketing resources and support that AWS has to offer.
This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills, as you will be working with Solution, Industry and Workload Marketing Teams, Global & Regional Partner Marketing Teams, the AWS Sponsorship Teams and the Partner Sales and Solution Architect organization to design and execute Partner Marketing programs worldwide. You will be the voice of these strategic partners' needs into various internal stakeholders and will share best practices across regions. In addition, you may also be required to manage outside vendors to execute programs and achieve goals, including not limited to managing Account Based Marketing programs.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast growing business. The ideal candidate will have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape are critical to this role. Experience with IT Outsourcing and/or application migration and modernization would be very beneficial. Previous work history or experience with GSI organization is highly valued.
About The Team
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | New York, NY, USA
- 6+ years experience of working in a consultative Marketing role
- 6+ years channel knowledge – consisting of ISV, GSI & SI preferred
- 6+ years Experience in the technology sector—preferably in software, data or cloud—partner/channel marketing, and/or account management.
- 6+ years experience of planning, managing and executing marketing plans and campaigns as well as liaison with third party agencies. Understanding of MDF programs and process will further strengthen the candidature.
- 4+ years experience and knowledge of marketing best practices (e.g. email marketing, SEO, SEA, social networks, display advertising, video production) and offline Marketing campaign types (e.g. events, telemarketing, print advertising, sponsoring, content syndication, ABM and incentives)
- 4+ years strong MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel & reporting tools (Workfront, Anaplan, Salesforce, Airtable) with the ability to present information in a consistent and professional manner
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience designing and executing joint marketing plans with strategic alliance partners with global footprint
- Excellent consultative and client liaison skills, ability to react and respond in a timely and effective manner
- The ability to grow relationships and becoming a trusted advisor
- An interest in Cloud technology and a variety of industries and horizontal solutions aligned to AWS’ business
- Stakeholder Advocate – they will advocate for their partners and stakeholders to ensure access to the tools required, and remove roadblocks to the execution of programs
- Manage existing partner relationships ensuring the partners and teams are informed, enabled and driving actions to grow AWS revenues
- Demonstrated experience juggling multiple priorities, successful time management, and balancing competing priorities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.