Partner Sales Manager, NZ
About the job
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry within the vibrant New Zealand (NZ), market? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to help drive opportunities with the leading partners (systems integrators and technology partners). Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position AWS as the technology platform of the future? As a Partner Sales Manager GSI and Enterprise within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon Web Services’ Cloud Computing Platform covering a wide area of services from infrastructure to Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Machine Learning, Big Data and analytics and Mobile services across AWS’s customers by leveraging partners. You will drive the AWS business opportunities with GSI and other AWS partners by teaming with the account teams and their leadership to address the business needs within the Enterprise Customers. Additionally, this role will also focus on nurturing operational relationships with the Global System Integrator (GSI) community in NZ. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables him/her to engage at the CxO level both within Enterprise Customers and GSI’s and to easily interact with enterprise. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Key job responsibilities
- Have a holistic view of the Partner Community, a deep understanding of the GSI partner capabilities and solutions that will solve Customer challenges.
- Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the value of partners, engagement, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Expand existing AWS footprint as well as drive new customer engagements with partners to grow overall revenue with a focus on business outcomes.
- Become a trusted member of the sales team to own deal execution with partners, leveraging Partner programs, and coaching partners on best practices.
A day in the life
- Have a holistic view of the GSI Partner Community in the context of the NZ business, a deep understanding of the partner capabilities and solutions across all GSI being represented in NZ.
- Have strong interlock with the GSI Partner Managers, who run the individual GSI relationship in NZ and the Enterprise Sales teams in NZ.
- Collaboratively set out, execute and manage the aggregated GSI portfolio in NZ as it relates to strategy, demand generation, pipeline management, forecasting and revenue attainment.
- Set up and execute a GSI and Enterprise Sales team operational cadence in NZ which ensures that GSI are well represented in the market but specifically ensure there is strong governance on relationship mapping and Executive cadence.
- Work with all levels of AWS commercial business (ANZ, APJ and Global) to ensure GSI are leveraged to be a significant contributor to the ANZ business.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- The right person will possess 10+ years of experience in sales or business development in the software/technology industry
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers and GSI engagements
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
- Strong sales and/or technical DNA with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics
- Prior experience working with Global System Integrators and Consulting Companies to achieve sales.
- Prior direct sales experience with quota carrying experience, pipeline management, and forecasting.
- Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired.
- Experience working in Enterprise Customers with partners and customers
Company - Amazon Web Services New Zealand Limited - C96
Job ID: A2495099