Partner Account Manager
About the job
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 13 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Partner Organisation
Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global, and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As the Partner Sales Manager and team member of our rapidly growing international team, you will have significant impact on our company’s growth and success, and you will be working with leading edge technology. We focus on helping partners reach their full potential through strategic planning and execution to plan. Our mission is to inspire and empower our partners with simple tools that expedite the ability to gain the knowledge and skills needed to effectively position, demo, sell, implement and support Qlik solutions.
The Partner Account Manager Role
A Partner Account Manager (PAM) is responsible for driving revenue through assigned Partners. The PAM supports, motivates & drives partners to accelerate pipeline growth & quality, leading to increased Qlik revenue. They must exert control, visibility & influence over Partner pipeline & opportunities through demonstrating credibility, expertise & value. There will be a focus on opportunities in both the Enterprise & Commercial segments with incremental business primarily driven from the latter. Effective collaboration with regional/country sales to build strategy & execution plans is a core requirement of the role.
The role is responsible for every facet of the partner experience & relationship with Qlik including building the partner eco-system & partner capabilities, generating demand & pipeline, supporting key partner sales cycles & ensuring customer success & business value to secure renewal & expansion. The PAM must provide guidance & structure to the Partner, overseeing effective enablement with the purpose of increasing the self-sufficiency of the partner. Robust, collaborative planning is necessary at both the macro (territory) & micro (partner) level & PAM must ensure that plans are effectively executed. Individuals need to develop & expand relationships with key decision makers & demonstrate relevance & value.
When successfully executed, the PAM will be seen a highly valued & key business partner by the partner & an aspirational role for employees within Qlik.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Attain quarterly & annual sales targets for Qlik solutions.
- Partner sales support on a limited number of strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrable control & influence over pipeline & key partner opportunities.
- Build a sustainable pipeline with Partners with identified goals & actions.
- Develop & execute collaborative Partner Business Plans to achieve mutual goals.
- Conduct QBRs to review performance & course correct, as necessary.
- Provide visibility to partner pipeline.
- Support & participate in Qlik pipeline & opportunity management processes (QSMS).
- Collaborate with regional/country sales to build strategy & execution plan.
- Identify, develop & drive solution offerings for key vertical & horizontal solutions.
- Ensure partners support end customers success & value realization to secure renewal & expansion.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of partner’s value drivers, economics & business models.
- Establish, maintain & orchestrate the Executive/Owner relationship with partner.
- Cultivate & own relationships with the primary sales & technical leads in the Partner.
- Develop & execute partner education / enablement plan across Sales, Technology & Marketing.
- Ensure partner attains & maintains necessary certification level.
- Work with presales to identify & develop technical champions in partners.
- Initiate & conduct sales readiness training events.
- Responsibility for partner recruitment, onboarding & development.
- Own Qlik Partner Program alignment with partners. Understand & consistently communicate program structure & value proposition to drive program adoption.
- Responsible for the Partner enablement journey by being the coordinator of resources as well as an evangelist of Qlik solution portfolio.
- Carry the overall responsibility for managing partner success across the assigned territory or set of partners in balancing revenue growth for Qlik and at the same time manage the predictability and profitability of the ecosystem.
Skills And Qualifications For This Role Include
- 10-15 years of partner account management / partner development experience
- Ability to position, alternative Partner business and deployment models including on perpetual & subscription & on premise & cloud-based offerings.
- An understanding of managed service offerings and the associated business & deployment models & options.
- A record of operating at senior level within partner or customer organizations with demonstrable evidence of commercial success.
- Cross or multi-functional background with experience creating differentiated and successful channel business plans and relationships with partners.
- Proven experience in software (technology) solutions sales with, through and to Partners with enterprise application vendors.
- Ability to influence functional groups to a shared vision.
- Ability to demonstrate repeated experience of creating strategic territory and partner business plans which have resulted in growth and achievement of revenues and goals.
- Worked with solution selling methodologies for example CCS, and sales forecasting solutions for example Salesforce.com.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under a deadline.
- Ideally worked within a matrix management environment, high growth, and environment of change
- A degree education, preferably MBA or equivalent
The location for this role is:
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik @lifeatqliklund
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.