Senior Cloud Alliance Manager
About the job
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Alliance Manager who can grow our strategic cloud partnerships, primarily with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and help us exceed our business goals. As a Cloud Alliance Manager, you will play a key role in helping to develop and grow the cloud provider co-sell and marketplace program.
What You'll Do
- Operate at senior executive levels while leading impactful channel sales partnerships. Act as the central point of contact for select partners - primarily working with AWS
- Lead the go-to-market plan & activities for the partnership(s)
- Coordinate internal activities aligned with select partner activity
- Develop and implement joint partner business plans
- Work closely with the regional sales teams to define, build and execute the partnership plan to support growth & minimize channel conflict
- Collaborate and form partnerships with marketing, product, legal and other departments as necessary
- Drive regular communication and evangelism promoting the success of the partnership. Lead regular business performance/relationship reviews with local management. Promote joint sales activities including field-level account mappings, and deal closure with the respective sales teams
- Achieve/exceed revenue and objective targets for partnerships
- Evolve and grow the partnerships by identifying additional routes to market. Provide financial analyses and long-range forecasting for identified partnerships
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of successful Alliance Management experience operating at a senior level
- Adept at moving quickly between tactical execution and high-level critical thinking and organization
- Experience Building Partnerships and co-selling with AWS and other Cloud providers
- Consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets & business objectives
- Self-starter who can work independently in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed
We’ll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- MBA a plus
- Demonstrated success in international cloud alliance expansion
- Experience working with some combination of: Cloud, OEM, ISV and reseller partners
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to hybrid and remote.
The preferred locations for this position are:
- Denver, CO
- San Francisco, CA
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
We are willing to consider remote candidates in Seattle, WA or Austin, TX as well.
The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $172,440 to $250,640. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 75/25.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.