Director Partner Development Manager
About the job
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission and the Industry Solutions Partner Team (xPT) brings together the capabilities of our strategic partners with Microsoft delivery resources.
As Director Partner Development Manager, you will be the point of contact for sales strategy alignment and execution between. You will maintain close oversight of the joint sales pipeline, support sales teams in key deals, and ensure sales acceleration between both Microsoft Industry Solutions and partner organization. You will be the point of contact and drive executive rhythms for joint top accounts, co-delivery and execution in the Americas and US Regions as well as other organizational units in conjunction with Industry Solutions Delivery and Industry Solutions Transformation.
Microsoft Business Leader
- Leads the creation of a long-range strategic vision rooted to the partners impact and potential across segments and serves larger and more complex partners. Demonstrates an understanding of the partners business and how it can be integrated into the Microsoft landscape and conveys the value of partnering with Microsoft based on the business opportunity and possible competition. Responsible for establishing new market partnerships by working with market makers and making connections to think long-term and make plans for the possibility of larger deals.
- Sells account vision to business decision makers at highly sought-after partners by aligning and reinforcing overall Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions to the partner's business goals. Deepens and accelerates partnership commitments to ensure an increasing of Microsoft’s share of wallet versus the competition. Leads executive roundtables and updates on Microsoft’s cloud and Industry strategies with prep sessions and prepares solid backgrounders for executives. Understands the partners organization and builds stakeholder maps to expand network of key tech stakeholders.
- Identifies and recommends market opportunities to pursue based on understanding of industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Collaborates with internal teams to take advantage of opportunities that are aligned with competitive intelligence and Microsoft's goals. Works to coach the ecosystem to help direct partners' commercial and marketing business plans, and aligns partner with current industry trends. Drives and accelerates business opportunities to help ensure revenue is coming back into Microsoft.
- Builds, maintains, and owns a trusted-advisor relationship with C-suite leaders of complex partners to achieve strategic alignment and drive growth; understands and aligns partners’ priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans.
- Leads business-design briefings advising partner leadership on building a high-impact Microsoft Services practice. Develops and executes strategic partner business plans for all managed partners that grow partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation. Develops plans that fully consider short- and long-term goals and performance expectations that are aligned with partner’s needs and capabilities.
- Leads the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business. Influences partner to create a learning culture. Strategically builds solutions for partners that utilizes the right mix of sales and tech trainings and bootcamps to increase the partners' capabilities. Builds up an intensity within the organization by establishing Centers of Excellence (COE) and other related bodies. Encourages partner to convert capacity and capability to revenue by setting clear revenue targets and works with partners and/or customers to provide coaching and guidance to convert partners to revenue streams.
Partner Sales and Consumption
- Coaches partners to transform their plans and strategies around consumption and key targets. Leads reviews and guides the partners regarding pipeline, top deals, and consumption targets by providing insights and key metrics around where partners' win rations. Shapes the thinking of partners on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Works with partners' sales leaders on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc.
- Creates and leads complex and high impact campaigns with various functional areas and the partners marketing teams. Designs and creates new offer and incentive structures to the partners and provides perspective when others are drafting Go-to-Market (GTM) packages. Creates and mentors others around planning, campaign tactics, offers, and incentives. Ensures core activities are agreed upon before executing and helps to coordinate resources. Ensures sales targets are clear and that actions and accountabilities are being routinely followed up.
- Ensures partners are investing in the building of world-class teams that are staffed with talent and enabled and incentivized to drive sales.
- Develops and implements processes for orchestrating go-to-market and co-selling strategies for large, global partners that outline activities and expectations for both Microsoft and the partner to achieve sales goals. Ensures skills, capability, and capacity plans are integrated with the partner business and solution plan (led by Tech team). Plans include both Sales and tech trainings, bootcamps. Influences partner to create a learning culture and leads partner towards meeting various program, sales, and tech requirements. Leads orchestration and acceleration of blocker removal, including internal escalation(s) as needed.
- Develops creative, advanced marketing plans to drive customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions) and establish readiness. Secures marketing resources (e.g., go-to-market offers)to guide partners to develop marketing plans.
- Provides thought leadership for identifying patterns, opportunities, and gaps in managed partner portfolio. Influences partners to implement existing products and solutions to fill account gaps or to jointly invest in new solutions that are fully aligned with their needs.
- Ensures results on partner's behalf through resolution of complex and urgent escalations. Leads the orchestration of response to the partner to ensure timely action and resolution from internal teams. Advocates to and guides other groups in prioritizing partners' solutions and issues. Champions internal processes that benefit partners and brings insights into the organization around what the partner experience looks like. Challenges the status quo of internal programs by understanding why related policies exist and the advantages and disadvantages.
- Establishes recruitment strategies to enlist new partners and upsell products and services with current partners to create a portfolio, maximize business, and capitalize on market opportunities. Influences partners' executives to pursue opportunities with Microsoft. Understands the ecosystem and the various disrupters, influencers, etc., and how best to bring in potential big wins. Leverages their understanding of the investing community and pulls information and insights from them.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 8+ years experience in partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field AND 10+ years experience in partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Partner Development Management IC5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $122,400 - $216,500 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $166,100 - $235,000 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.