Alliance Development Manager
About the job
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions .
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For ten straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 5,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The role of Portfolio Solutions Product Manager is to design, implement and execute to market solutions that integrate Pure’s product portfolio with enterprise technology stacks to solve customer pain points. This critical position will focus on identifying customer needs, market opportunities, competitive landscapes, identification of technical solutions and strategic partners. This role will have company-wide impact and will leverage your expertise in solution product management discipline and practical experience deploying solutions to enterprise customers. This role will rely on market experience combined with a proven ability to identify, design, interlock and execute to market a solutions roadmap for your solutions with workloads and use cases that have relevance to Pure.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Use understanding of enterprise applications that focus on general data workflows to generate solutions, then manage them from concept through delivery into the market. Identify solutions that combine Pure’s tech portfolio with data-driven systems.
- Act as a generalist that can own key solution areas that occur with some expertise in media technologies
- Develop and execute a multi-year solutions roadmap driven by customer needs, technical, market and competitive insights for both training and servicing models.
- Evangelize Pure externally with industry bodies and other relevant market events and conferences; evangelize your solutions internally with our product groups and field leadership.
- Interlock and collaborate in a cross functional environment including business units, CTO office, Alliances, and Marketing with the objective of alignment and solution development. Secure the production of necessary product features for creation of strategic solutions company-wide.
- Produce an agnostic ecosystem strategy of partners with an eye to those that have greatest potential for solutions and alliances development. Prioritize alignment of technology fit, willingness to work with Pure, and ability to deliver customer-driven solutions jointly with Pure.
- Engage key target account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with teams to support the sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model as well as supporting in closing early adopters for solutions.
What You’ll Need To Bring To This Role...
- 5+ years experience in Enterprise customer solution developments combined with a passion for delivering partner-driven solutions that differentiate in the market.
- Helpful: expertise in media workflows, with an emphasis on the data processing steps in a Hybrid business environment.
- Ability to map enterprise infrastructure technologies (e.g., hardware systems, OS and virtualization platforms, cloud management platforms) to business opportunities that address customer pain points
- In Depth knowledge of key technology companies, with the ability to prioritize relevance to Pure’s strengths and a drive to evolve priorities as the technology and key players themselves evolve.
- Proven product management track record taking a solution idea from concept, build, and release to market and ability to work with multiple stakeholders (e.g., engineering, marketing, sales) to get your ideas realized in the market.
- Plus to have experience with media technologies specifically around storage and streaming.
- Experience working with Engineering teams on requirements definition generation
- Executive presence combined with excellent verbal and written skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience in customer adoption of solutions
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast moving environment
- Strong understanding of the operations and motivations of large IT companies
- Must be willing and able to travel where relevant as part of the role.
- You will be based in Santa Clara, CA. As this is an office-centric role, you are expected to be present in the office for 3+ days a week. As outlined in Pure's Hybrid Work Policy, there will be variations over periods of time, depending on business need.
The annual base salary range is: $205,000– $306,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations.
This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice .