Strategic Partnerships Development Manager, Strategic Pursuits, Google Cloud
About the job
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Reston, VA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with XML, UNIX/LINUX and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
- 5 years of experience in implementation/consulting.
- Experience in software development, information security, database, or Internet-related industries.
- Knowledge of disk storage subsystems and load balancing technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Stays up to date on the latest technology directly and indirectly related to cloud computing infrastructure and APIs.
About The Job
We are creating a small, tightly-knit Development Manager group that will work across different Alphabet and Google product areas outside of Cloud. In this role, you will have the opportunity to align the technical architectures for Google Cloud and other product areas such as Google X, Ads, and Android. You will act as the subject matter expert for the Google Cloud Platform solutions, own the technical engagement for first of a kind and a strategic agreement, work cross-organizationally to facilitate both architecture and business decisions, and develop a deep expertise in the Google Cloud and cross-Google product area integration patterns.
Additionally, you will represent Google Cloud well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel/executives regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. Further, you will work with the customer and internal product technical teams to design and architect solutions that will align to multiple constraints and success criteria.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $205,000-$301,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .
- Serve as a key member of the business development and Sales Deal team, ensuring critical pursuits across multiple Google and Alphabet Product Areas are won.
- Design and create narratives and technical architectures that will be reusable across multiple engagements.
- Scope and own each customer engagement or particular solution offering, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives, architecture plan, and success criteria.
- Understand customer base and industry verticals. Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solutions architect community and open source community.
- Collect customer feedback and influence product direction. Work with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external customer-oriented documentation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .