Principal Partner Sales Manager, Startup Segment, Asia Pacific
About the job
Would you like to help start-up companies across Asia Pacific accelerate and maximise their success using the cloud and a global channel? Do you have a track record of successfully defining and executing channel orientated go-to-market (GTM) strategies and partner-led sales campaigns for Startup customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in cloud computing and we are looking for a strategic and dynamic results-oriented candidate to join as the Asia Pacific Partner Sales Manager.
In this role, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape Asia Pacific's regional strategy to help Startup customers adopt and transform using cloud solutions through the amazing AWS Partner Network. Your role is to define, develop and lead the delivery of strategic GTM initiatives through the AWS Partner Network for the Startup sector to accelerate customers’ cloud adoption. Your responsibilities will include developing the Startup customer segment strategy focused on leveraging the AWS Partner Network to drive customer success metrics, planning, business development and developing/maturing cross-functional go-to-market execution mechanisms to accelerate customer outcomes and innovations. You will collaborate with global, cross-functional teams including AWS sales, business development, marketing, and technical field professionals to determine how to best accelerate growth and success in the Startup customer segment through collaborative selling (co-sell) with the AWS Partners and monitoring progress against the business plan, this includes working closely with AWS Partners like Global/National System Integrators and Independent Software Vendors. You will use market and data signals to drive the Startup Co-sell strategy to most effectively serve AWS Startup customer engagements that are led or supported by AWS Partner Network. This strategy outlines the most effective co-sell initiatives to accelerate the growth and success in the customer segment and monitoring progress against key co-sell initiatives. Through partnership with AWS Sales leaders and the AWS Partner Network you will define and drive field education to ensure AWS sales teams and AWS Partner Network can effectively co-sell to accelerate customer success.
The right candidate will have experience interacting at the highest levels and demonstrated experience in developig business development and go-to-market initiatives. They will have a proven record of leading and driving multiple strategic initiatives, across a region like Asia Pacific , to meet business objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data/metrics bias, excellent initiative/program management skills and a passion for helping companies get started using cloud to achieve business goals. They will have knowledge of cloud messaging, positioning, and strong experience in solution sales, marketing and field enablement.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and mature mechanisms to deeply understand needs, gaps, and opportunities with the Asia Pacific AWS’ Startup customer market and the AWS Partner Network.
- Lead annual channel sales and GTM planning for the Asia Pacific Startup customer segment.
- Define, develop and lead the delivery of regional partner GTM and sales campaign initiatives for the Startup customer segment to accelerate customer outcomes. This includes incubating new strategic initiatives.
- Develop data driven narrative strategies and proposals for new initiatives, or evolving/retiring existing initiatives/programs.
- Develop and mature measurement and monitoring mechanisms for the business plan (including customer success metrics capture) and analytics for identifying signals, opportunities, and challenges.
- Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and the AWS Partner Network to develop field education programs to enable both AWS sales and the AWS Partner Network help customers to maximise their business success using cloud technologies.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 10+ years of experience in business development, sales, marketing, advisory, and/or strategy roles.
- 5+ years of experience in the Startups or cloud advance customers.
- Highly credible with sales/marketing leaders, senior technologists, product leaders, and executive audiences.
- Exceptional business acumen and high judgment to be able to use customer cloud signals and data insights to understand customer pain points and challenges, and inform and shape business growth initiatives.
- Passion for enabling Startup customers to adopt cloud technologies to deliver business outcomes and innovation. This is done through deep curiosity to understand how Startup customers are adopting cloud and how to accelerate their cloud journey.
- ‘Invent and simply’ mindset who uses a data driven approach to set strategies but be comfortable with ambiguity. Exceptional problem-solver who is adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Strong bias for ‘working backwards’ from customers and favours iterative hypothesis/test/analyse/ improve approaches. Pragmatic and ‘is right a lot’.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results with an ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organisations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication written and verbal skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Partnering with others in the organisation and the AWS Partner Network is key to our long-term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture by working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting.
- Culturally aware and have good interpersonal skills; able to collaborate across different functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- MBA/Master’s degree
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Balanced experience across business development, strategy/planning, and execution in a multi-billion technology business.
- Experience delivering strategic GTM strategies/initiatives within a Global or National System Integrator, Managed Service Provider or ISV company.
- Experience in regional or worldwide roles.
Company - Amazon Web Services Singapore Private Limited
Job ID: A2501889