Product Manager & Delivery PM
Left Hook seeks a skilled technologist to partner with our remote development team to deliver integration products that are consistently high-quality, on time, and on budget. We are offering meaningful equity participation to the right candidate.
Left Hook is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse team, as diversity is a key driver to both innovation and a functioning democracy. We prefer to hire talented individuals who represent any of the many ways humans are diverse. We have a particular interest in hiring remote employees from non-traditional regions of the United States, particularly from rural western and northern New Hampshire.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part solution architect, part product manager, and part project manager, this role demands an experienced software engineer who is evolving beyond “individual contributor” status by pursuing modern software architecture and product management.
Strong candidates will have 5+ years hands-on, in-the-code experience building web applications. Significant hands-on experience integrating third-party SaaS APIs is highly desirable.
You will be responsible for scoping, planning, and delivering finished universal integrations in partnership with our SaaS clients. You will interact daily with client stakeholders via Zoom calls, Slack messaging, and emails.
You will also work closely with our five-person development team, in particular our Chief Product Officer and our Senior Engineer, to build integrations to spec, on time and on budget.
Your resume, references, GitHub profile, portfolio, and/or other submission materials should demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Deeply experienced using and building B2B web applications
- Intuitive logical mind that enjoys puzzles and problem-solving
- Positive but realistic team-oriented player who others describe as humble
- Ability to communicate honestly with leaders and teammates; comfortable providing constructive feedback to any/all team members
- Learn from mistakes the first time, without hesitation
- Detail hawk with sharp memory and relentless documentation habits
- Comfortable with instruction and criticism, aka “teachable”
- Willing to take financial and career risk to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience running multi-functional initiatives, resource plans, tasks, and workflows within a technology company or software development agency
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience
- Fearless at telling truths, confronting magical thinking, and challenging unreality
- Defaults to ownership and action, but also a skilled and trusting delegator
This position is perfect for a skilled but bored developer looking to escape "individual contributor" status and expand their skillset beyond coding into the executive and commercial realms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Left Hook puts the tech in tech partnerships