Head of Advisor Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It’s selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment’s 401(k) offering is powered by Betterment’s proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent online financial advisor, Betterment’s 401(k) is used by leading employers like Casper. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
About the Role:
Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an ambitious Head of Advisor Sales Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Advisor sales process from the top of the sales funnel to the bottom of it with Bookings. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits or transition plans from their existing provider. This position will be preferably based in NYC, focused on generating new business and representing Betterment for Business 401k’s solutions.
A Day in the Life:
- Grow, manage and mentor a team of Advisor Partner Sales Managers
- Build strong relationships with targeted 401k advisors to drive meaningful sales outcomes and strong overall relationships with advisory firms
- Develop and motivate the team to consistently exceed Bookings Targets
- Design and implement the Advisor Sales Playbook, including all software tools, messaging and outreach methodologies
- Lead and evaluate performance metrics, deliver coaching and feedback promptly to keep individuals and team on track
- Meet and exceed Bookings team goals
- Forecasting, pipeline management, and reporting of team’s revenue and overall performance
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide “voice of the client and industry” to marketing and product management to drive roadmaps
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive sales experience working in B2B tech/SaaS sales preferably and/or with selling into Advisors
- Well established experience managing high performance Sales teams with expertise in the latest prospecting tools and methodologies
- Curiosity and interest for financial products and retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Self motivated and adaptable to change
- Passionate about inspiring and mentoring your team
- Ability to give and receive feedback - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.