Head of Partnerships
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this exciting role, you will be partnership hire #1 at Playable. You will be setting the long-term strategy and direction for partnerships, while rolling up your sleeves in the short-term to drive partner marketing activities and cosell motions. This is a dynamic, early stage role that encompasses: BD, partner marketing, cosales, and integration partnerships, with the opportunity to create the V1 partnership playbook and grow a team based on your successes.
The Head of Partnerships is responsible for strengthening existing Email Service Partner (ESP) relationships through programmatic co-marketing activities, and growing partner channel revenue through co-sales activity with ESP and other partners.
The ideal candidate will craft the partner value proposition (what can Playable do to help partners reach their goals) and assist in developing the playbook for getting the attention and engagement of partners to join or activate partner relationships, including prioritizing strategic partners and setting a regular cadence with the most valuable partners.
You will help elevate the perceived value of Video Email within the email ecosystem and ESP partner community. You will also help gather feedback and driving improvements to ESP partner strategy and playbook, including gauging appetite for deeper product integration – e.g. Playable embedded within ESP template editor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and grow relationships with new and existing partners across wide ranging product verticals to grow revenue for Playable
- Serve as the main counterpart to Executives and Senior Management at Playable’s largest partners
- Develop a new Partnership capability by establishing appropriate processes, PRM systems and functions to drive partner growth
- Formulate, launch, and iterate partner co-marketing and revenue growth plans and initiatives with strategic partners
- Collaboratively work with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal to launch and grow partner derived revenue
- Quantitatively evaluate partners to inform strategy, priorities, best practices and team goals
- Build internal consensus on partnership growth strategies through thoughtful and actionable recommendations
- Developing partner Sales Enablement & Partner Sales Support tools, collateral and hosting informal partner ‘office hours’ Zoom calls
- Build relationships deep into partner sales and account management teams to truly drive sales activities within partner sales teams.
- Manage flexible talent (e.g. UpWork) for repeatable tasks; logistics of webinars – identify work efforts than can be outsourced and outsource them to help us scale
Revenue focussed co-marketing and co-sales activities will continue to iterate, and may include:
- Producing co-operative webinars (product demonstration & customer success) – seeking ESP agreement and participation, securing target dates, drafting and finalizing presentation content, agreeing promotional plans, delivering the webinar, followup activities to drive sales conversions
- Producing partner orientated press releases – e.g. “Playable launches Video Email for X 2.0” (where X is a strategic ESP) – seeking partner buy-in, authoring the press release, SEO optimising title & content, obtaining approvals and publishing
- Authoring marketing blogs (highlighting the ESP partner) – including identifying and interviewing customers
- Designing partner-based sales programs and cooperative promotional sales offers
- Producing cooperative email campaigns – demo’ing video email to ESP customer base
- Outreach to target groups of existing partner customers with a tailored proposition for video email
- Setting up meetings with prospects (outbounding) and running those prospects through a comprehensive sales cycle and meeting or achieving set unit and revenue targets
- Partner reach (number of identifiable prospects emailed, contacted or otherwise promoted to)
- Partner named prospects (customer has opted in to provide their email address e.g. webinar attendance lists)
- Partner Enterprise trials (with 100,000+ list size)
- Partner self-service signups
- Partner manager meetings
- Partner sales team demos
- Partner enterprise sales meetings
- Partner enterprise sales (units & revenue)
- 5+ years of partnership, marketing or sales management experience at an Email Service Provider, Marketing SaaS company or global/regional marketing agency
- Ability to develop and communicate strategy and high level concepts to team, cross-functional orgs, and senior level executives
- Efficient and extremely detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with creative and integrated email marketing teams
- Experience working with managing complex org structures, calendars, approval reviews and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Creative thinker and experience in insights and data-driven marketing. Results driven with the ability to analyze results/outcomes to inform strategic decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a bias to action
- Competitive salary with opportunity to earn additional bonuses or commissions
- Opportunity to participate in an Employee Share Options Scheme
- A small tight-knit team with an informal but fun, hard working environment
- The opportunity to drive technical innovation within the global SaaS industry
- In addition to observed holidays, team members have 20 days of paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time roles
- Brand new laptop of your choice and generous home office allowance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Add Video to Your Emails