Strategic Partner Manager (Platform Partners)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
The SPM (Platforms) serves as both advocate and quarterback for Klaviyo’s ecommerce platform relationships at Klaviyo. This role on the Partnerships team sits at the center of several functions within Klaviyo each of which plays an important role in these platform relationships-- Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales. Key objectives of the role include managing and deepening existing relationships with ecommerce platforms, achieving Klaviyo’s growth goals with a platform’s merchant base, and identifying mutually-rewarding product collaboration.
To achieve these objectives, the SPM serves as the primary day-to-day contact for that platform partner, monitoring and addressing all opportunities and challenges with those partners within Klaviyo. The SPM collaborates across Klaviyo teams, especially Sales, Marketing, and Product, to maximize platform opportunities and resolve challenges.
In this role you will:
- Begin managing an ecommerce platform relationship and over time build a small portfolio of strategic product partnerships
- Serve as the Klaviyo “quarterback” for these relationships--understanding the current state of opportunities and challenges with those platforms across Klaviyo functions (eg, Sales, Product, Marketing)
- Assess potential partnership structures/agreements and evaluate existing partnership structures/agreements
- Play a key role in establishing and continuing commercial partnership agreements with platform partners
- Have a deep understanding of the organizational structure of each platform in your portfolio, including key decision makers, influencers, and other important stakeholders at the platform partner
- Develop a point of view on how Klaviyo can achieve its objectives with each of these platforms, and a plan to execute on those objectives
- Identify opportunities to make cross-ecosystem introductions--eg, making connections between the platform’s agency partner program team and Klaviyo’s agency team
- Collaborate with Klaviyo colleagues across teams, in particular Product, Sales, and Marketing, to inform and execute Klaviyo’s strategy with each platform
- Develop and share knowledge related to that platform with colleagues across Klaviyo teams that will benefit from that knowledge
- Leverage other Klaviyo leaders across Leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Product as appropriate to help achieve Klaviyo’s relationship-building with each platform
- You are collaborative
- You are adept at influencing and relationship building with partners and colleagues
- You are a networker--able to make connections across a partner’s organization and across a partner’s ecosystem
- You enjoy problem solving
- You are creative--able to identify ways to bring sales, marketing, and product resources together to achieve Klaviyo’s objectives with platform partners
- You have channel, sales, or account management experience
- You are thoughtful, engaging, and energetic
- You are excited to be a part of and have an impact on a rapidly-growing, profitable technology company
- You have a positive outlook and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have 2+ years of SaaS account management, channel and/or sales experience.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Own your data. Own your growth.