Director of Partnerships
This is a unique opportunity to own the growth of a new revenue stream within Vizion's business. People often talk about roles in terms of hunters and farmers. In that construct, this role is not the hunter, but it’s more like a farmer who went to business school, invented a bunch of new farming equipment, and started a massively successful company that sells farming equipment and helped feed millions of people.
As a founding member of the Partnerships team, you will play a central role in sourcing, managing, structuring, negotiating, and closing key partnerships with the top logistics technology providers in the global supply chain ecosystem. You will work with a cross-functional group across Vizion including our engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to structure and form fit the most accretive platform partnerships for Vizion. This role will include a robust balance of creative deal making and deep product knowledge to identify and close opportunities that are best aligned to Vizion's long term strategy.
You should be a charismatic leader that internal people will want to follow because they just trust that you know what you’re doing. You should have an analytical mind that knows its way around a financial model as well as a performance marketing plan. You should have enough experience to just intuitively know what sales and marketing tactics are effective and what is fluff. I think an MBA would be very helpful, as would a consulting background. But most importantly, you should be the type of person that just gets mad when dates slip, when things fall through the cracks, or are not executed with rigor and excellence. You should have enough technical knowledge and creativity to be able to map our desired business outcomes to technical solutions, and to be able to articulate the value of our technical integrations to both product and business leaders at our partners.
- Develop partner networks and strategic partnerships in the U.S. and overseas.
- Develop and own the quarterly/yearly revenue targets for the partnership organization
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing Vizion’s key strategic focus areas
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations or other partnerships.
- In conjunction with members of the Executive Team and the broader Vizion Team, expand and diversify the funding base/pipeline to increase Vizion’s major initiatives and existing collaborations
- Drive a relationship management program to support partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
- Analyze and track key metrics to identify trends and highlight issues in customer needs and funding in the near to medium term time horizon (one to five years)
- Project and promote Vizion’s business initiatives to new audiences and partnersDevelop and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnership activities
- Develop and manage partner agreements
- Develop and manage information collection networks
- Develop and manage key personnel for recruiting within a framework of Vizion strategies
- Deliver professional sales presentations to potential partner organizations with the ability to persuade and close business
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities
- Research trends, competition and funding sources to strategically drive the Vizion business development pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in strategic sales or business development
- 7+ years of successful direct sales / channel sales experience with logistics or SaaS companies
- Able to travel to both domestic and international locations to meet and liaise with potential partners and clients
- Proven ability to find strategic partnerships that have led to increase revenue and contracts
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level executives
- Strong analytic skills (financial, planning, operational)
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a matrix team environment and leading with high energy and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated success in that role and tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing partnerships over time
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team and leading organizational strategy
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Instant-On Containerized Freight tracking API. Supply Chain Visibility, Simplified.