Partnership Development Manager
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages combined with outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berxi (www.berxi.com) is a fast-growing ‘start-up’ business unit within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI). We are on a mission to build a modern, customer-focused, and entirely digital platform to help small businesses and professionals buy and manage their insurance smarter and faster, saving them time and money along the way.
A key part of our growth strategy is sourcing and developing partnerships that can help us win in a variety of ways including: 1) finding new customers, 2) supporting our existing customers with products and services that allow them to protect and grow their businesses, and 3) expanding the breadth and depth of the insurance offerings available on our platform. This role will be based out of our downtown Boston, MA office and will consist of a ‘hybrid’ work structure (i.e., four days in the office and one optional ‘work-from-home’ day per week) due to the value we place on in-person collaboration.
We are looking for a candidate with some experience who is passionate about supporting small businesses and impacting change to the way small business owners think about and engage with their insurance. The role will require a forward-thinking individual who will take a proactive approach to problem solving and making things happen, all in support of our aggressive growth ambitions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate Berxi’s (and BHSI’s) brand, value-proposition, and key differentiators to all interested parties
· Pursuing and successfully engaging in exploratory conversations with key decision makers at potential partner organizations across a variety of targeted industries and market sections (including the emerging ‘InsureTech’ space).
· Providing timely and insightful updates on projects, partner relationships, and customers on a regular basis
· Staying up to date on our competitive landscape and industry trends to inform how we constantly and consistently evolve our platform to meet our partner and customer needs
· Understanding our mutual goals, setting appropriate objectives, and negotiating contracts with both current and prospective partners
· Simultaneously and effectively manage multiple projects, that can include various internal and external stakeholders, with a high-level of organization and professionalism
· Build, manage, and update our partnership reporting capabilities to measure the impact of our various projects and initiatives
· Proudly represent us in meetings with partners, and at various conferences and events to promote our business and investigate collaborative opportunities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· 2+ years of experience in a business development, partnership, or sales-related role
· Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work effectively in a fast-growing, highly collaborative environment
· Passion for leveraging technology to deliver a better insurance experience to customers
· Willingness and capability to build long-lasting and meaningful relationships with partners that result in demonstrable success for all parties involved (typically determined by profitability)
· Problem solver who is an advocate for our partners, customers, and the Berxi brand
· Self-starter who’s comfortable operating with ambiguity in your day (there’s lot of work to be done and limited resources to do it all)
· Innovative thinker who constructively questions current processes and procedures
· Excitement around living the ups and downs that come with working in an early-stage, high growth company
· Positive attitude and willingness to receive, incorporate, and provide meaningful feedback
· Comfort interacting with teammates across all departments and functions, including senior management
· Experience in the insurance industry and/or in a direct-to consumer digital business a plus
· Hands-on style with strong problem-solving abilities and impressive attention to detail
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
• A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful work environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Positively better professional and small business insurance.