Partner Solution Engineer - Databricks
About the role:
We are growing the Partner Solution Engineering team and are looking for a Partner SE who will help redefine the analytics landscape for our partners. You will join an experienced team of Solution Engineers and Partnership professionals with a shared mission to make the best data accessible to the right people to achieve business goals.
The Sigma Partner Solution Engineering understands the modern data ecosystem, and the role that technology and service providers play in allowing our shared customers to transform organizations and uncover new data insights.
In this role our Partners are your Customers, and you're responsible for delivering on all activities required to guarantee a thriving Partner Ecosystem, including identification and qualification of partners, product demos, hands-on enablement and training, and creation of go-to-market solutions including integrations with partner products.
What you will be doing:
- Become a trusted partner in the cross-adoption of Sigma and our Technology Partners’ products
- Own the Technical side of the Databricks Partnership, including (but not limited to):
- Implementing a Databricks demo environment with targeted sample data sets
- Providing Databricks training and enablement to our internal SE and Sales team
- Providing Sigma training to Databricks field teams
- Documenting best practices for using Sigma on Databricks
- Work with product, sales, and development teams at Sigma and Databricks to improve user experience and provide feedback for feature development
- Support relationships with Fivetran, dbt, and Matillion through a variety of enablement activities
- Develop and present impactful demos showcasing the business value of Sigma and tailored for Technology Partners & Customers at trade shows, webinars, and engagement meetings
- Support new partners developing integrations with Sigma, and act as an SME to provide technical expertise throughout their development lifecycle
- Participate in product, sales, and partner certifications to acquire and maintain skills
- Attain quarterly and annual goals assigned by management
What we are looking for:
- Technical expertise, with a minimum 5 years of business intelligence and/or analytics engineering experience
- A minimum of 2 years working with Databricks with an end-to-end understanding of the platform (i.e., implementation, administration, integration, & user experience)
- SQL and (preferably) cloud data warehouse experience - GCP (BigQuery), Snowflake, Redshift are a plus
- ETL and orchestration experience - Familiarity with tools such as Fivetran, Matillion, dbt, Airflow, SSIS or similar
- Experience presenting data solutions to large audiences at all levels of an organization
- Passionate advocate of the modern data ecosystem
- Customer-facing experience with a strong sense of empathy and relationship management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technical & business experience
- 25%+ Travel involved
- Databricks Certification - Data Analyst, Data Engineer
- Experience at a SaaS company or with cloud architectures
- Consulting or Startup experience
- Starburst, Firebolt, Synapse experience
- Experience in Java, Python, or Scala
- Experience using APIs to extract / load data
- Consulting or Startup experience
- Experience building bridges between Product, Engineering, Support, and Sales teams, internally and externally.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We recently announced a $300M Series C raise from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment.We have safely reopened our office in SF and are following city and CDC guidelines. And our NYC office is close to ready for occupation!
Your application has been successfully submitted.