Head of Partnerships
At TestBox, we’re building the first ever Customer-Led software buying platform. Our marketplace empowers customers to test and compare software products side-by-side as if they were already implemented in their own environment. Buyers love TestBox when they see it, and we think buyers should always be able to go for a test drive before they buy!
About the role
Our team is looking for a Head of Partnerships to grow our marketplace with software vendors. The partnerships we establish are with technology companies, software resellers, and software buyers. Driving value and success with our partners is foundational to our long-term growth and goals. As we build towards the long-term success of TestBox, delivering a best-in-class partnerships experience is at the core of our business. Our vision is for the TestBox partnership to be the most sought after, fun, career accelerating opportunity for our partner contacts. Your job is to grow these relationships. This role will report to our SVP of Revenue.
How we monetize:
- TestBox is free for users to test and compare products
- We earn a percentage of the deal value from our partners, no cost to users (and we earn roughly the same from all partners, so have no incentive to push to one vendor vs another)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Able to liaise internally between Product, Marketing, Eng and User Success to share feedback from our users with partners, and coordinate all aspects of the partnerships program from co-marketing to helping build out each partner’s environment within TestBox to registering leads & driving revenue for both TestBox and our partners.
- Running a tight process and closing the loop / never dropping the ball with communications
- Comfortable with external communications with our partners and can represent TestBox with the utmost professionalism
- Be excited to be talking to our partners on a daily basis and creating a great TestBox experience for them
Scope of duties include:
- Run the strategy for partnership growth and success, including processes such as pipeline management, customer on-boarding, user management and reporting
- Sign new partnerships - selling TestBox as a partner. We are currently in 3 software categories and our plan is to scale this to over 10 categories in the next year
- Drive revenue growth and track opportunities in our CRM; expand our accounts through cross-sell and up-sell and help maintain and ensure partner renewal rate
- Kick off partnerships when we sign new partners and run day-to-day operations, serving as the central control tower for all things TestBox-related for our partners
- Get to know our partner contacts, whether it’s the partnerships, marketing, security, or other teams
- Work with the marketing and revenue teams to develop and execute an outreach and communication strategy to future and existing partners
- Manage partnerships admin, whether it’s lead registration to make sure we are being paid for closed deals (issuing invoices, etc.) or ensuring that partner agreements paperwork is signed, documented, and tracked in one place
- Stay close to our users (and our user success team member) so you can update partners in real time about how their potential leads are doing
You’ll learn something new every day in this role. We’ll teach you the ropes but ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of work experience
- Prior experience in customer success, channel/partner management, consulting, business development or sales
- Project management mindset
- Passion for driving net new revenue growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to listen to customers and discern needs and value add opportunities, where they may not be obvious
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level executives
- A creative problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to produce results
- Efficient, resilient, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Willing to work in an environment that is welcoming, open, transparent, curious, collaborative, high performing, results-driven, and fun!
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Read what our DEIB advisor says about how TestBox is different
- We are putting DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) at the forefront of TestBox’s ethos and want you to play a major part; one of our board members acts as our DEIB advisor
- We created a large Employee Stock Options Pool so we can reward our amazing founding team members.
- Career development is a top priority and we will work with you from day 1 to hype your achievements and help you grow to the potential you want. We hire for trajectory, not past performance.
- Mental health services contribution to cover/contribute to co-pay costs (both Sam and Peter are big weekly therapy advocates)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave with an option to do part-time return to work
- Pre-tax FSA, medical (incl. additional out of state coverage), dental, and vision coverage (because we all deserve to not worry about our healthcare)
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Learning budget (there’s always something we should collectively know more about)
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum 15 days per year - none of this no vacation business, our CEO Sam typically takes 20-25 days a year)
- Work from Home remote set-up allowance
- We think there are many more reasons beyond this list and really hope you’re as excited to apply as we’re looking forward to meeting you!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
try before you buy