VP, Ecosystems - NAMER
Zapier is on a mission to make automation accessible to everyone, empowering individuals and businesses to be more efficient and productive. We are looking for an innovative and strategic Ecosystem Leader to drive our growth through novel technology partnerships and scalable programs. If you have a strong background in business development and product management, we would love to hear from you!
With over 5,000 integration partners, Zapier’s Ecosystem is the largest in SaaS. Taking our Ecosystem to the next level is core to our company’s future success. Reporting to our CRO, our ideal candidate possesses deep and varied tech business development and partner management experiences. They know how to build repeatable programs that solve external and internal requirements across a variety of senior stakeholders (Engineering, Product, FP&A, Legal, GTM, Exec). They have repeatedly pitched, negotiated, and struck transformational deals at prior companies that turned into meaningful business. They have led teams to quickly achieve high performance. They are data driven and know which levers to pull to launch and grow enduring businesses.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable org, then read on…
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- 10+ years of technology Product Partnerships/Business Development experience - you've gotten a new, large scale strategy off the ground
- Product person at heart – Zapier is a product-led company and you are energized by high quality user experiences that scale
- Experienced team leader – you've built and managed teams and created rigorous, energetic, and resilient cultures that achieve top performance
- Comfort with technical products – you know your way around APIs and can align teams and product roadmaps
- A dealmaker – you have experience driving complex deals that are critical to the success of your company
- Data-driven and factual – you use data and logic to drive change and measure your teams against the best
- Partner management experience – you know how to grow partnerships once they’re struck
- Developer marketing and relationships – you have an understanding of the target developer/partner audience and what tools they need to build on platforms
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to present work with executives internally and externally, and a high attention to detail
- Curiosity and a drive to constantly learn and improve.
Things You’ll Do
- Lead and build a team of partnership professionals to expand our Ecosystem, build new businesses, and grow our presence with existing partners
- Develop and implement novel technology partnerships based on the products we build and turn these partnerships into repeatable and scalable programs.
- Contribute to the Ecosystem’s corporate and commercial strategy by leveraging your experience and expertise, consulting the right subject matter experts, collaborating with key partners, and delivering persuasive and high quality presentations/memos to internal and external executives
- Drive complex, non-standard deals with executives at large, sophisticated counterparties from opportunity identification to signature to execution
- Influence Product and Engineering roadmaps to serve key Ecosystem needs, and create mechanisms to continually flow partner feedback to internal teams
- Establish platforms for growing businesses on Zapier and leverage them for Zapier's growth.
- Brainstorm and execute game-changing partnerships with major potential partners.
- Attract new apps to Zapier and grow usage of those apps through co-marketing, product embeds, and co-selling.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay for this role is:
US: Min $300,000 / Mid $345,000 / Max $385,000 USD
Canada: Min $300,000 / Mid $345,000 / Max $385,000 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.